The Kings Wish

Thomas sighed as he walked through the stone corridor towards the Kings private quarters. Tony, the guard gave him a quick smile, Tony was always nice to him - he had taught him to ride a horse and shoot a bow, he quickly smiled back as he entered through the ornate door and saw the King, now the King was a middle aged man who always seemed to have a stern expression on his face - at least when Thomas was around anyway... The King would always get his way no matter what was happening and you definitely wouldn't want to face him on the battlefield, he was a badass, however he also happened to be Thomas's Father he was sitting at his desk, going over important papers. Thomas coughed politely. "Ah son" the king exclaimed "I need to speak to you " "I know father" replied Thomas. "Look son I know you don't want to get married but we need to strengthen our ties with the Minos kingdom." "But have you seen clarabell?" Thomas shot back "she looks like a horses ar..." "I will not have you speak of your future wife in that way!" The King interrupted "she is very nice and will be an adequate wife" " I value a free life over a wife!" Thomas shouted "we'll you don't have a choice!" The King screamed! "I hate you!" Shouted Thomas as he ran back to his chambers and locked the door, how could his father do this to him! He wanted to be a free spirit.., he sighed and began carving a small bit of wood into a bear. Thomas was good at carving, he enjoyed it, it was his way of relaxing and calming down. He loved to carve fine features into his animals and make them look as realistic as possible. His carvings were all memories of his - a bear had jumped up the outer wall last week, the guards had dealt with it but he admired its fighting spirit as in injured many men just by sweeping its arms. Thomas wished he was that strong so he could escape the castle and run away. He sighed and went back to his work.