Epilogue

EPILOGUE

FIVE YEARS LATER

“ALEX I’M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU! YOU DID THIS TO ME!” Elli screamed out as another contraction came.

Alex sat there quietly, letting her hold his hand, which he was pretty sure was already broken.

“WE ARE NEVER HAVING SEX! EVER AGAIN!”

Alex face paled. Just the pregnant Elli talking he reassured himself.

“Okay, I’m going to need you to push now” the midwife told her kindly.

“No! I can’t, you can’t make me!” Elli panicked. “Alex do it for me please! Please!” she begged.

“Babe we can do this together, just squeeze my hand” Alex encouraged her.

“But I think I’ve already broke your hand” Elli cried out hormonal tear falling down her face.

“Just push okay” Alex said soothingly, making a mental note to get his hand checked out in A and E after.

“Okay I need you to do one big final push for me” the midwife instructed.

Elli did as she was told, putting every last bit of energy into this push. All of a sudden she heard crying and the nurse handed her over her baby. She sighed happily, it was over. She looked down to this perfect baby in her arms.

“Congratulations, you have a baby girl” the midwife smiled.

“I love you so much” Alex said tears flowing freely down his face.

“Rebecca Gaskarth” Elli whispered the little girl’s name, it suited her perfectly.

“A perfect name, for a perfect girl” Alex said cheesily.

-x-

ANOTHER FIVE YEARS LATER.

“HOME ALONE” Becky squealed.

“Jack fucking Barakat stop influencing my child!” Alex growled.

“No swearing” Elli hissed, holding Jamie Gaskarth, there recently new born second child.

“Sorry” Alex blushed sheepishly.

“I want to watch home alone” Becky huffed crossing her arms over.

“Listen to Becky” Jack whined.

“I think we lost home alone” Elli lied.

“Oh that’s fine I brought my copy” Jack shrugged, Elli rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Jamie stirred in her sleep.

“Alex can you hold Jamie please” Elli asked sweetly, Alex took Jamie in his arms cooing down at the little girl.

Elli walked over and flicked Jack in the nose.

“1. Stop teaching my children foul language and 2. Please stop making them into mini you’s” Elli said.

Jack pouted.

“It’ not my fault I’m their favourite uncle!” Jack stuck his tongue out. “I can’t simply stop being this awesome!”

Elli shook her head laughing.   

“Kitty, can we go get ice cream, pretty pwease?” Becky asked Jack, she had gotten into the habit of calling Jack Kitty because of Bara’kat’.

“Yes!” Jack said excitedly.

“No” Elli grumbled.

“Please” both Becky and Jack said at the same time looking at Elli with a puppy dog face.

“We promise to bring some back!” Becky pleaded.

“Fine…”

“Push over” Alex joked once the two went out the door.

“I swear she is going to be a mini Jack!”

“I actually think she is a mini you” Alex laughed.

Elli giggled and nodded in agreement. She looks so like you, Elli looked at Jamie giggling.

“She has your eyes and already she has your weird partin in her hair” Elli laughed more.

“I just hope she doesn’t get your eyebrows!” Elli stated.

“What’s wrong with my eyebrows” Alex pouted.

“C’mon!”

“Yeah let’s hope she doesn’t have my eyebrows. Let’s hope she has her mums beautiful smile and amazing dimples and her mums amazing voice and laugh.”

“What do you want?” Elli asked suspiciously.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re being extra nice to me you want something?”

“I don’t” Alex pretended to be hurt. “Can I not even be nice about my beautiful wife?”

“No…”

“We’re back” Jack sang running into the house.

“Where’s my ice cream?”

“Shit” Becky cursed.

“Becky!” Elli said shocked.

“Jack Jack and Daddy taught it me!”

Alex sat there trying to not laugh with Jack.