Chapter One

First block is when it happens. I start wanting to do the same things, growl and run and stuff.

I have to get out of here. Without a bathroom pass, I run past my teacher who is lecturing about the American Civil War.

She looks at me once, and then keeps lecturing, probably thinking it's a personal thing.

I run through the back of the school doors to make sure no one can see me, and as I'm trying to run to, well, I don't know where, someone grabs my arm and slams me up against a brick wall.

My head instantly starts throbbing. Before I open my eyes again, I pass out.

I can hear about two or three people talking.

"Do you think she's okay?"

"Juliet, she's fine. I've used shadow smoke before."

"Yeah, cause we all know that's a good idea."

"Shut up, Breck."

"Uh, girl?"

My eyelids crack open a little bit, and I see two guys and a girl. I'm guessing the girl is Juliet.

I sit up, and look around, we're in a field that looks to be miles away from the nearest house.

"Good, she's awake." The girl says, relieved.

I realize that they're all wearing tight black suits. The girl's hair is pulled into I really tight ponytail. They look like they could be secret agents.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"Uh..." The girl says. "Somewhere you'll be safe."

One of the guys help me up.

"Why did you guys slam my head against a wall?"

They all turn their heads to a tall guy with brown hair.

"You slammed her head against a wall?" They both asked.

"I panicked, okay!" The guy says. "She was running, and already halfway switched. I didn't want to risk it, and she's lucky I used shadow smoke, now she won't change for at least four hours."

"CJ," A guy with blonde hair says. "What if you gave her a concussion?"

"I don't have a concussion." I say.

The boy ignores that. "I know we're new to this, but we have to stay under control."
"And who said you're the boss?" The girl says.

The boy turns to her. "Trust me. If anyone needs to lead this mission, it should be me. I've got all my equipment in my bag here," He pats a black bag that looks like it's going to explode because there's so many things inside it. "And who here brought freeze metal, huh?"

The girl sighs.

The boy with the brown hair turns to me. "Sorry, we have horrible manners. I'm CJ, that's Breck, and the girl here is Juliet."

"And I'm Brook. Now would you mind explaining to me why I'm here?" I ask.

Juliet speaks first. "Yeah, we're still new to this too, so, we'll explain to you what we can. We are all running from a secret government organization called the OPC, that stands for Operation Power Camp.

"It's basically like a jail for people with powers, Like me, CJ, Breck, and you."