Chapter Two

A million thoughts starts piling up in my head. "I have powers? I'm sorry, I think you've got the wrong person, I don't have powers."

Breck walks over. "But you do. We already know, we started to find that you were acting suspicious, and put power tracking device in your bookbag. Before you ask, yes, there is a such things as power tracking devices."
"So, you were stalking me?"
CJ shakes his head. "No, all the power tracking device does is measure the amount of eloquacious you have expressed."

"Eloquacious?"
"It means the amount of power activity. That's just the fancy word for it." Juliet says.

"But you still were stalking me. You had to have been following me to know that I seemed strange." I argue.

Breck scratches his head. "Well, that's kinda our job. We're the Receivers. That means we basically blend in as normal people, then look for anyone who looks suspicious. We put power devices in whatever people carry around all the time, then check our devices to see how high the eloquacious is."
"Yep." CJ says. "That's us, the Receivers. Now we have to get you to Headquarters."

"Breck, you have the map?" Juliet asks.

"Yep." He says. "It's in my bag."

He digs into his bag, and pulls out a piece of paper with a map on it.

"Alright, let's go." Juliet says. "To Headquarters!"

"Wait!" I say. "Who says I'm just going to let you take me somewhere, when I don't even know where we're going?"

"Who says you have a choice?" Juliet says. She grabs my hand and holds it firmly. It actually hurts a bit. "CJ, make the portal."
CJ nods, and holds out his hand, and a wall of fire appears.

Juliet starts dragging me towards it, and CJ stands there, like he's waiting for everyone else to go into the portal before him.

Breck goes in, and we're next. "Juliet, let go of me!" I yell. "I'm not coming with you!"

"Yes you are." She says. "We can't let you be a target. Just trust us."
Yeah, trust them. What am I supposed to do? Punch her in the face? Actually, that sounds like a good idea, but no.

I free one of my hands, and try to do anything to free the other one.

My other hand comes free, and I try to dart away, but behind me, is CJ. I forgot he was there.

He grabs my shoulders, and keeps a firm hold on them. "You're not leaving, Brooke."

Then I have an idea, I decide to fall limp, and I slip out of CJ's grip like a bar of soap. CJ is stunned. "Brooke! Come back!"

I run throughout the huge field, and I have to face the terrifying reality; There's no where to go.

If there were houses here, I wouldn't be able to see them. That's not the only thing I don't see though, CJ and Juliet are gone. Maybe they went through the portal, and decided to leave me here.

But they're not gone. Just as I turn around, Juliet blows a white powder in my face, and I instantly pass out.