six

The job was done and the house was burnt. The brothers saw the old hag go into the ground with their own eyes so they didn't have a worry to have to come back any time soon. They were walking back to their motel from a pizza place across the block. Dean was making jokes to his brother earlier about the graveyard that separated the motel and restaurant.

About how they resturaunt probably uses the bodies for meat. Dean thought it was hilarious. Walking past the garveyard, the brothers heard a faint weeping. Dean didn't think anything about it because it was a graveyard but Sam stopped him.

    "Dude, its a graveyard. People cry there all the time," said Dean.

    "Yeah, I know Dean, but its one in the morning. People don't go out and greeve for their grandmother at one in the morning." Sam walked into the graveyard, determined to know who was crying. Dean rolled his eyes and walked after his brother, pulling out a flashlight. He caught up with Sam who was walking towards the crying, the sound came from behind a headstone.

    A flickering light was coming from behind it. Sam called out, asking if anyone was there but when he did the crying intsantly turned into a sniffle. Dean shone the light in the crying persons face. It was Adele. She was sitting against the headstone, a candle sitting by her. She held her arm up to her face, trying to block the harsh light. After the brothers realised who she was, Dean held down the flashlight from her face.

    "Adele, I thought you told us you knew family around here. What are you doing in a graveyard?" asked Sam. Adele wiped her face and sat up a bit more.

    "This is my family," said Adele. "My father was buried here." The brothers looked at each other. This girl really was helpless. Sam took his brother by his arm and walked away, out of earshot.

    "Dean we can't leave her here," said Sam.

    "Where the hell are we supposed to take her? Back to the bunker? Shes a witch, Sam."

    "Yeah I know but the poor girl is harmless. She doesn't have anybody." said Sam. Dean looked at his brother like he was crazy. He was crazy for wanting a witch living with actual witch hunters. "Maybe she could stay with us for tonight and Cas can do a sweep through of her and see if she would hurt us."

Dean told his brother what a stupid idea that was but of course he said yes. Adele was like a child. She didn't know anybody, she thought she could live in a graveyard for the rest of her life. The brothers took the girl back to their motel room. On the walk there she held back sniffles and told them over and over again about how thankful she was.

    Once in the room, Dean showed her the couch and pulled off his comforter for her to use as a blanket. She kindly accepted and fell right to sleep. Sam went to bed before Dean, him still awake watching the witch. In her sleep she seemed normal. Her hair covered most of her face and her cheeks still red. Dean washed his face and went to sleep, keeping a gun under his pillow.

In the morning, Dean woke up to the smell of coffee. He opened his eyes and instantly freaked out, seeing that Adele was no longer on the couch. He shot up in the bed and saw her and Sam sitting at the table, drinking coffee. They were smiling, holding cups of coffee and neither noticed Dean awake.

    Dean rolled out of bed and looked at the two. Sam looked over and told his brother good morning. Adele got up from her chair hastily and went over to the coffee maker. She poured Dean a cup and walked over to him, handing him the glass, as if it were a peace offering. Dean looked at his brother, still struck for words in his morning mind. Sam held up his half empty cup.

    "Its okay, Dean. I'm still alive," said Sam. Dean hesitently took the cup but did not drink it. He walked straight into the bathroom and set the cup down on the sink. He washed his face and stood there staring at himself in the mirror. We couldn't believe that they had Adele stay with them.

The same girl who appeared in all of Dean's dreams. She haunted him in a way a ghost never could. To see her right in front of him was always a shock. Dean almost expected to walk out of that motel bathroom and Adele would be gone. And that their entire case never existed. But no, when he walked out Adele was sitting at the table, laughing at Sam's jokes.