seven

When Dean walked out of the bathroom, Adele did a double take at Dean, her smile fading. Sam was staring behind his brother too, but with no scared look to match Adele's. Dean turned around and Castiel was standing behind Dean, staring intensely at Adele.

"Dean, are you aware that there is a witch sitting next to your brother?" said Castiel, not moving his eyes from Adele.

"Yeah, Cas, I know," said Dean. He walked to the fridge and pulled out a beer, despite it being ten in the morning. Castiel slowly walked up to Adele, who was standing now. She seemed terrified.

"I am Castiel, an angel of the lord," said the angel. Adele nodded and gripped the necklace she wore.

"I can smell your grace," said Adele in a faint voice. The two stared at each other like. Sam cleared his throat, he told Castiel that they called him to see of Adele's intentions were good. Adele seemed hurt by his words but she understood. Castiel closed his eyes then quickly opened them.

"I cannot. There is something blocking my entry to her mind," said Castiel. Dean noticed how hard Adele was gripping her necklace. Dean asked what the necklace was.

"My mother made it for me, it protects the wearer from every magical being known, told and seen," said Adele, never loosing eye contact with Cas. Castiel waited for her to take it off but she never did. Sam reassured her that Castiel was no threat. Slowly and hesitantly, Adele took off the necklace. Once the thing was in her palm, Castiel closed his eyes again.

Adele seemed surprised that what he was doing was painless. She eyed the angel, keeping herself at a safe distance from him. When Castiel opened his eyes, he looked like he had just witnessed his hamster dying.

"You poor girl. The Winchester brothers will take good care of you," Castiel said. Adele said nothing and quickly put her necklace back on. Sam and Dean didn't understand what Castiel meant and waited for him to say something.

"She is no threat, I assure you. But I will say she has a very extensive knowledge on the supernatural and paranormal. A long, dark, past but her future seems light and good. She knows more about the things you both hunt than you do, Dean," at this Dean made a face. "I wouldn't believe it if you two told me that this girl killed a bug." finished Castiel. The brothers soaked up the information.

"What do you mean that we'll take care of her, Cas?" asked Sam.

"Well it would make sense for you to take advantage of her knowledge. She could help you quite a lot," said Cas.

"Yeah but she's a witch, Cas. We kill witches. That's our job." said Dean. Castiel turned around to face Dean.

"No, you kill black magic witches. Adele obviously practices white magic," said Castiel. Dean stood up.

"I'm not taking care of Glenda here, I have enough people to keep alive," said Dean. Both Castiel and Adele tilted their head at Dean's reference.

"Dean, it makes sense. Keep her at the bunker, give her a cell. She really would help if she knows as much as Cas says. And your dreams," said Sam, still sitting at the table. Dean glared at Sam for bringing up his dreams. Castiel asked what the dreams were, Dean explained. Castiel told Dean that the dreams were probably on purpose, to introduce the witch to the Winchesters. Dean sighed.

"It just..." Dean started. "To have a witch live with us, come on." Adele looked down at her feet and spoke up.

"If you let me stay with you, I promise to cook, clean and help you with any job you may have. I am a very good chef and I have always kept things tidy for mother," she said, still looking at her feet. Sam shrugged his shoulders at Dean. Dean rolled his eyes and pointed at Cas.

"Well if she's living with us, then you're watching over her!" said Dean to Cas. "Make sure she doesn't curse our food," Dean mumbled the last part. Adele smiled, she hadn't lived with people for five years and she missed the connection.

Castiel zapped away, the brothers starting to pack their bags and head back home to wait for the hunt.