The Picnic

Ben and I walked to the special place where our first date took place. I had put on tight jeans and a purple hoodie, perfect for early October. Ben had matching my style with a green sweatshirt that goes with his eyes(sigh). Evie had applied some mascara, swooped on eyeliner, blush, and lip gloss to make me look-not as bad. Ben couldn't stop staring at me, which made it feel awkward.

"Why are you staring at me?" I complained.

"You're just so gorgeous. But now you have to look at our destination, and the snack I prepared." He chuckled.

I gasped. The beautiful scenery took my breath away. Then something made me giggle. It smelled so good. I knew what it was. Strawberries.

" Mal, are you in a trance? You look possessed." Ben was looking at me with amusement, a slight smirk playing on his face. I could feel myself blush and a ghost of a smile dance on my face.

"Ben, you're amazing! When did you do this?" I giggled. He picked me up and spun me around.

"I spent all last night making it for you. The look on your face was worth it." He looked pleased, and I wrapped my arms around him. He smiled and chuckled.

I sighed and looked up at the perfect blue sky. A slight wind blew my hair to the side, and I glanced over at Ben to see him staring at me with pure adoration. I blushed again, and couldn't help but giggle. This was my girly girl inside screaming one word: crush!