one.

"Illinois, really?" I huffed, crossing my arms and looking out the window.

"What?" My father said, equally as irritated.

"Darling," mother started. "Nobody really knows about it, it's a small town—"

"Well, fancy picking a small town in a country which has the highest number of Evos, mom!" I cut her off, glaring through the rear view mirror. We should have gone to the Netherlands or Switzerland—hell; even Andorra would have been a better place than this.

"Lana—"

"That's not my real name, dad. Stop calling me that." I said harshly. This was seriously riling me up, and we all knew what would happen if I got too mad.

My dad swerved to the sidewalk, violently stopping and turning off the engine. The sudden force made me hit my head on the window.

"Ouch, what the hell?" I rubbed my forehead.

"Listen, Lana, we are doing this to save you." He said calmly and clearly. "I know it's dangerous but it has to be done. Believe it or not, there are people who want you to keep living."

I sighed and nodded, feeling defeated. Though I probably should have known by now that I was going to lose every argument if it was regarding my safety. He started up the engine and continued to drive calmly, like nothing ever happened. I felt my mother staring at me with sympathy but I never met her gaze, it would only make me feel guilty.

"Here," she said, handing me a small piece of paper with an address on it.

"What is this?" I said, trying to keep my voice light and not too snappy.

"You'll be meeting some people tonight. People like you." She answered and I almost snorted.

People? You mean freaks like me?

I bit my lip to stop that comment from coming out before responding. "I'm not doing it."

"Lana, these people could help you, understand you in ways me and your father never could. This can be good for you." She reasoned, turning in her seat to face me.

"I don't care." I said in monotone. "We've been driving for hours and I'm tired. I just want to sleep."

They weren't forcing me into going, I've made my decision. Too many thoughts were swirling in my brain at the moment and I don't think I'll be able to handle more.

I heard her sigh audibly. "Alright. Get some sleep, love."