{Chapter 2}

The girl walked over 5 mins later and she told me that Mt. Weather, the mountain we were supposed to be put on, wasn't even close to where we are now. That's not good, I thought.

"My names Clark, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ella." She smiled at me and then took out a map of where we were.

She was on the other side of the ramp so I walked off the side and jumped off, my feet landed with a thud, and the leaves and twigs crunched underneath them. I walked over to where Clark was standing and looked at the map.

Wells, walked over to us, "We got problems." He looked at Clark, "The communication system is dead, I went to the roof, a dozen panels are missing, heat fried the wires."

"Well all that matters right now is getting to Mt. Weather." Clark says. "See look, this is us," Clark points to a spot on the map, "This is where we need to get to if we are going to survive."

"Where did you learn to do that?" Wells asks as he looks at the map. Clark looks up slightly, "Your father." There was an uncomfortable pause at the end between their conversation, but I decided not to bring it up.

A skinny boy walked over with goggles on his head, "Cool, a map. Can I get a bar in this town, I'll buy you a beer."

I think Wells was a little on edge from his and Clarks conversation, or just the rudeness of the boy, because he then took the boys arm and pushed him back saying, "Do you mind."

"Whoa, hey, hey, hey." Someone called, they probably don't want to start a fight. "Hands off of him he's with us." A group of people following the one talking, which I'm assuming is their leader. The group concisted of all males, typical.

"Relax, we're just trying to figure out where we are." Wells puts his hands up in a calming gesture of no harm.

"We're on the ground, that not good enough for you?" Someone calls over from the other direction, it's that Bellamy boy that sat next to me on the ship. Everyone looks over at him and his sister Octavia.

"We have to find Mt. Weather. You heard my fathers message, that has to be our first priority." Wells says to Bellamy.

Octavia interrupts, "Screw your father, what? Do you think you're in change here. You, and your little princess."

"Do you think we care who's in charge, we need to get to Mt. Weather, not because the chancellor said so but because the longer we wait the hungrier well get. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20 mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark we need to leave, now." Pretty inspiring speech Clark.

"I've got a better idea, why don't you two go and find it for us, let the privileged do the hard work for a change." The crowd says yea in agreement.

"You guys aren't listening we all need to go." Wells says in a pleading gesture to try and make people go on the trip. Wells gets pushed from behind by that same kid Murphy.

"Chancellor of Earth." Murphy walks towards Wells threateningly.

"You think that funny?" Wells said back before Murphy kicks Wells' ankle and knocks him to the ground.

"Hey!" I yell and try to get them to stop but the crowd has surrounded the two of them and is edging for a good fight, my voice just gets drowned out by the anticipation.

Clark tried to reach Wells but a person holds her back, "Wells!"

Wells gets up again and both him and Murphy enter a fighting stance, both facing each other, "Alright." Murphy says, almost normally, like he does this everyday.