Arranged Love: Cristina's Story - Chp 3

Arranged Love: Cristina’s Story

Chapter 3 - Cristina

The last 4 days have been absolute disasters and too much of an emotional roller coaster ride for my taste. I knew for a fact it must have taken him some months to find a signed first edition copy of my favorite book. I wasn’t sure what the thought was behind that one but with the bookmark the thought was as clear as the engraving on it. Somewhere in time Tristán has fallen in love with me while I was still in shock over who Nonna has chosen and unsure of things and too unsettled by it all to know my feelings. The last four days at while working at the garage together where normal with an only a few incidents that left me unsettled. Like when he would “accidentally” brush a hand against mine and I would feel the warmth spread from that single spot.

With a sigh escaping from my lips I continued on my mission of packing. My room was a total mess as I packed for the one week trip to Spain with Tristán which reflected my emotions at that moment—a mess. I pack like my mother, throwing clothes everywhere, jewelry scattered all over the dresser, make-up—what little I own—scattered all over the bathroom counters along with combs, brushes, hair gel and a contact container with its solution. My duffel bag sat open on my bed with some of my stuff tossed in it rather haphazardly because I hate packing, I hate flying, I hate heights, I hate small confined spaces and I wasn’t exactly thrilled with my traveling partner. I didn’t hear Beata enter my room as the music was a little loud so she scared me to death when I turned around and nearly bumped into her.

“Geez Bee! Scare me to death why don’t you.” I told her once I came back to earth and my heart took a more normal rhythm.

Beata rolled her eyes. “I did knock. Not my fault that you didn’t hear it over the music you happen to be blasting through the speakers.” I so badly wanted reach out and slap that smirk off her face but instead I threw some article of clothing into my bag.

“What do you want Bee?”

“One turn down the tunes and two I was sent to help you pack however looking at this mess I think it is best that you sit down and I do the packing.” With that she set to work on folding things up and organizing them all in my bag. Beata was my opposite, where I was disorganize she was organized, I’m not a morning person but she is, I’m calm and she has a temper. After a few minutes of watching I got up and started handing her things it was only thing I could do—literally otherwise Beata would just refold and repack whatever I placed in my bag.

Half an hour later and almost finished Beata noticed I wasn’t really listening to her. “You're not even listening to me Ti. What is the matter?”

“I don’t want to fly to Spain tomorrow morning first thing, I don’t want to see Tristán’s parents and I don’t want to be engaged to Tristán.” I said sighing.

“I understand the not wanting to fly. However there is nothing wrong with seeing Tristán’s parents or being engaged to Tristán. They adore you as does their son, remember? Ti don’t you want what mamma and papà have?” I nodded quietly knowing an actual worded response was not need for Beata to continue for she would have whether I acknowledged her or not. “Ti you know Tristán, have known him for a lot of years now and you know he is a great guy. You’ve heard mamma and papà’s horror stories about their beginning and know from those stories that in order to have what they’ve got you're going to have to fight for it. We don’t have the luxury others have of going out and finding love, we’ve got to create, shape and molded it from what we are given Ti.”

“When did you become so wise, Bee?” I asked her knowing darn well that she had always been that way one moment a total teenager the next moment an old soul with so much wisdom.