four

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I sat awkwardly in between Luke and Ashton as the movie began.

They claimed that the movie they put in wasn't too scary, but despite their efforts, I didn't believe a single word of it.

Horror movies weren't necessarily my thing. I'm scared of my own shadow.

The beginning of the movie was already sending a shiver down my spine. Luke and Ashton had already seen it and told me they would let me know when something scary was about to happen but they seemed to have a different definition of the word 'scary.'

I sat on the couch with my knees bent to my chest. In between was a pillow and on top of me was a blanket that I held over my eyes for the majority of the movie.

There was a silence that filled the room as the screen went to black and a small whimper escaped my lips.

"Nothing is going to happen. You're okay." I reassured myself in a whisper. In that moment, there was a bang and a foul looking creature appeared on the screen. It was enough to send me jolting forward, grabbing onto Luke's arm and burying my face into it without thinking.

"You said you would tell me!" I whined, trying to scold them as my words became muffled into Luke's black t-shirt. I heard Ashton laughing to himself and it made my blood boil. I cupped my hands to my ears and squeezed my eyes shut as Luke tried to push me off of him.

He groaned. "Get away from me, weirdo."

I leaned back, looking into his eyes with a pout on my lips.

I scrunched up my nose at Luke before turning myself around, scooting over to the other side of the couch where Ashton was. Unlike Luke, Ashton's arms were wide open, welcoming me softly into his comforting embrace. I hesitated for a moment but the new scream coming from the TV was enough affirmation for me.

I flung myself into Ashton biting my lip to contain my scream. I didn't want to wake Mae up because the chances of her falling back asleep were slim. Ashton closed his arms around me, his hand resting gently against my waist. I could feel Luke's stare dig a hole into the side of my head.

I glanced at Luke and he did not seem happy in the slightest way. His teeth were clenched together and his lips formed a pout. I could see there was a certain attitude change that occurred once I moved over to Ashton.

Luke no longer seemed angry.

He seemed jealous.

Ashton had also seemed to notice Luke's expression because he didn't hesitate to address it. "Oh calm down. If you wanted h-" he began, but was quickly cut off.

"I'm going in the kitchen to get some popcorn. Ashton want to come? Okay good." Luke snapped.

Ashton groaned but stood up to follow him, leaving me alone in the living room with the movie continuing to play. I frantically searched for the remote to turn the TV off, but in the pile of pillows and blankets couldn't find

What on earth was taking them so long?

Luke's P.O.V

I didn't bother taking out any popcorn, that could wait. I looked at Ashton, anger coursing through me.

"What the hell were you doimg? Don't cuddle with the babysitter." I said, trying to keep my voice low.

Ashton shrugged his shoulders, sending another wave of frustration through my body.

"Ashton you know that I have eyes for. I told you this the day I met her. Just keep your hands off." I said rolling my eyes. I claimed what was mine.

I had known Ashton and the boys since I arrived here. The bond we had was close, and we all knew better not to break bro code when it came to a girl. If one of us had our eyes on someone, the others tended to back off.

"You're kidding right?" Ashton began. "I told you Luke, if you're into her cool, I'll back off. But every chance you get to flirt or make a good impression you completely ruin it with your horrible attitude. She was scared and if you weren't going to comfort her then I was, and I did." He stated simply, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Horrible attitude?" I mocked rolling my eyes. I had a reputation to uphold. I wasn't the lovey dovey type. I got who I want, when I wanted. Brooklyn wouldn't be any different.

"Look Luke don't play dumb. I think this conversation is over."

Despite how frustrated I was, Ashton was right. I had been acting like a total douchebag. That's just how things had to be. I didn't let my walls down for anyone. When people got too close I pushed them away.

I followed Ashton back into the living room, a laugh escaping my lips.

Curled up in a cocoon of blankets laid Brooklyn. Soft breaths escaped her lips, and I could tell she had fallen asleep. I shook her gently, in an attempt to wake her up. She pushed my arm away, knocking over the blanket that she had on top of her. I was confused as to whether I should put them back on her and I looked to Ashton for help.

"Well nows your chance to be slick Prince Charming."

I rolled my eyes at his comment and stuck my tongue out at him before carefully picking up the blankets off of the ground. I threw the blanket out and over her, admiring my work.

"Let's go up to my room and let her sleep Ash." I said switching off the tv. He nodded and began up the stairs.

"Goodnight Brooklyn." I whispered before turning and going up the stairs as well.

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I opened one eye glancing around the room to make sure they were both upstairs.

I took a moment to gather my thoughts.

I had heard every word that had came out of Ashton and Luke's mouths when they went in the kitchen to when Luke was tucking me in.

So Luke had a thing for me. A chuckle escaped my lips. He clearly had no idea how to show it.

I shook my head, sitting up and trying to make sense of their conversation. I definitely was not going to be one of Luke's quick hookups. Why would I give him what he wanted.

After all, you gotta play the game to win right?

A/N
Short chapter but it was an important one! Wow okay so Brooklyn was awake the whole time. She's gonna get back at Luke for his shenanigans.
Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment! It means a lot to me!
I didn't read this over so if there are some mistakes let me know

~McKenna x