'Till We Meet Again

Light streamed through Rapunzel's window, but it was nothing to her.  She sat on her bed, her long hair covering her face and swolen eyes.  She had cried the whole night.  Anxiety and hatred had kept her body racking with sobs.  Sleep was not an option for her that night.  The guards had caught Jack as he was about the escape the safety of the village.  Of course, her mother would not listen to her pleas and cries of desperation.  Jack was locked in the deepest, darkest part of the dungeon, soon to be executed on behalf of Flynn's orders.

                 Rapunzel stood sharply before she collapsed onto the floor.  She banged her fists against her bedroom door, tears creating a river down her face.  There were too many emotions welled up inside her.  She couldn't control them; she needed to let them loose.  She escaped into the village, enjoying an afternoon of dancing, fun, food, and the occasional kill and ressurect of a villager.  

                She returned to her room where she was stripped of her bloodied clothes.   She slid into a light blue rippling gown, similar to a goddess'.  A sillver circlet was placed around her forhead, her one braid covering the back.  She strapped her silver sandals before she heard a knock on her door.  She turned to see her mother standing at the bedroom entrance.

                 Together, she and her mother walked down the palace courtyards where the execution would take place, then soon after, Rapunzel's birthday party for just close friends and family.

                  Rapunzel stared at Jack as he was brought onto the stage, evidently struggling.  He was bound at the legs and the arms, a cloth tied around his mouth.  The crowd roared with excitement as the executioner pulled back his arm that held the sword of death.  Seconds later, the sword would be slicing through the air, landing on Jack. 

                    Just as the executioner's arm would thrust forward, Jack felt something push him.

                   "Jack!" Rapunzel cried as she pulled Jack down towards her.  They were both safe and they smiled at each other, but their reunited moments didn't last long.

                    They heard the click of a gun being loaded, and they tried to run towards the gates, then far to the outskirts of the kingdom, hopefully into the next.  But one shot rang out, and Jack felt a weight lift off him.  He turned around to see Rapunzel lying on the ground, blood already staining the blue silk.

"No, Rapunzel.  Please, no..." Jack sobbed as he cradled Rapunzel's softly smiling face in his lap. 

                      Rapunzel reached up to Jack's face, giving him his true, final kiss before he felt her hands loose their grip, and her arms fall to the ground beside her.

                     Jack began to sob hysterically, but the second shot rang in his ears, and slight shock was felt as he doubled over.  He lay down next to Rapunzel and held her hand as he felt his last remainders of life leave him.  He kissed her once more before giving a forlorn smile and closed his eyes, gladly accepting his fate.

I love you, Rapunzel.