Chapter Two; Confusion and an Invitation

The next day at practice, Aaron tried to keep his distance from Clay, without it being too obvious to everyone else. He still wasn't sure what last night was all about. Maybe it was the hunger, the adrenaline left over from the game, or the sting of defeat, but whatever it was Rodgers wasn't sure if he wanted to take the next step to finding out.

Clay had been keeping an eye on Rodgers throughout the day. No matter what, it's like he couldn't look away, like he was just drawn to him. He was hoping none of the coaches or other players noticed. Last night kept playing in his head over and over. He kept asking himself, "Was I too flirty?" "Could he tell?" "Did I make him uncomfortable and scare him away?" over and over. He had to know. He had to find a way to get Rodgers alone and talk to him, but how?

After practice was over they guys headed to the showers. Clay walked up to Aaron and smacked his ass. "Good hustle out there, Rodgers." He smirked. Aaron shot back a smile, "Thanks man, you weren't too shabby yourself." He chuckled. "Hey, later tonight I was wondering if you wanted to come over and chill? Maybe work out again? My new weight set came in today and I don't want to test em out without a spotter I trust." Matthews stared at Rodgers eagerly awaiting a reply. "Sure, sounds good. Maybe I'll cook this time too. I have to learn somehow, right?" He nudged Matthews in the side and they laughed.

After their showers the guys picked a time to meet, said their goodbyes, and headed to their homes to change. The whole ride home Aaron was worrying about what he'd wear and felt goofy for it. "You're just hanging out with one of the guys. It's not ljke you're going on a date with some super hot chick, don't be a weirdo." Rodgers shook the thoughts out of his head, as he pulled into his driveway. Rodgers sighed "Home sweet home." As he climbed out of his vehicle and walked towards the house.

He dropped his duffle bag on the table and went upstairs, changed, and sent Clay a text. "Walking out the door now. I'll swing by the store to pick up ingredients. See you in twenty."

Clay felt his phone go off as soon as he walked through the door. He read the text and smiled. "Just have to change, put some jams on, and make sure the weight room is good and then wait." He said to himself.

At the store Aaron walked up and down each aisle, thinking of what to cook. He knew they should have a meat, so he picked up two t-bone's, the some corn, mashed potatoes, and some dinner rolls. "What about desert?" He thought. "It should be something that won't over stuff us, but we can still eat and work out with no trouble." He walked down to the bakery and picked up some football cupcakes and chuckled. He pulled out his phone and texted Clay, "Got the food, on my way." And left.