Secrets - (Olly Murs Fanfic)

--Olly's POV--

"First off, Oliver. No relationships are aloud." Were the words that seemed to constantly replay in my head, like a broken record forced to repeat itself. They say its to protect me, but we all know its another way that will put more money in Modest! Management's pocket. Apparently, if I get a girlfriend, I'll lose sales. Losing sales means losing money. Losing money, unfortunately, means that I'm dropped by the label. I don't understand it, personally. If the fans were loyal, they wouldn't care if I'm seen with a girl..

I haven't had a relationship since the burst of my career in 2009, all because of Modest!. I've spent four years alone. Four, lonely, sad, years. If I could get rid of Modest!, I would. But I cant, because the jobs of ten people depend on me. My band. Rupert, John, Darren, Ben, Karlos, Marco, Mike, Donavan, Sean, and Paul. Also, my manager Sarah could get put out of work too. So, I've stayed with Modest!, because I can't leave. Not if I want to fire ten of my best mates, and Sarah; my best friend, sister, mum, and supporter all wrapped into one body.

I dragged myself out of bed one morning, too lazy to do anything. It was one of my rare days off. I could do whatever I wanted for the day. Well, everything except being seen with a girl. I decided I'd spend my day hanging around the house. But first, I want to go get something to drink. A cup of tea, maybe.

I quickly changed into a t-shirt and jeans, and put the famous trilby hat on my head. Then I grabbed my phone and headed out the door and down the road.

There seemed to be no paparazzi in sight, which was good. You never know, though. Paparazzi are excellent at hiding. Normally when I see them though, I'd smile. Just to let them know everything is fine on the outside. On the inside, however, everything wasn't fine.

I found myself walking until I approached a small café. It looked decent, so I walked inside. The place was quite full, so there was only one table available. I walked over to the table and sat down in the booth. The table was messy. There was crumbs leftover from whoever sat here before me. I just slouched in the seat, fiddling with my thumbs and avoiding the table.

"Let me get that for you, sir." I heard a female voice say beside me. I looked up from my thumbs to find a blonde headed girl reaching over the table with a cloth. She was pretty, beautiful in fact. But It didn't matter anyway. I can't be seen with a girl.

She wiped the table, then gave me a small smile. "Thank you." I sat up straight, recovering from my slouched position and found myself smiling as well. "Is this what you do for a living, you know.. cleaning tables?" I asked, trying to spark a conversation with the unknown women. She looked at me, surprised almost. "Yeah, cleaning tables, washing the windows, maid stuff, really." She replied. She stuck the dirty cloth into her little apron she was wearing. "A good looking girl such as yourself shouldn't be stuck doing maid's work." I simply stated, folding my hands on the table. Her already rosy cheeks turned an even darker shade of pink as she found her feet way more interesting. "Someone's gotta do it, I guess." She said.

"Sam!" I heard a husky voice shout from behind the counter. The girl, who's name seemed to be Sam, snapped her head around, then turned to look at me again. "It was nice meeting you, I'll get someone to take your order." She smiled an apologetic smile. She seemed like she wanted to stay and talk, but obviously she couldn't. I smiled at her, and thanked her one more time. I slouched in the seat yet again, waiting for the second person to come along.

Eventually, I got tired of waiting (I'm very impatient), and I just wasn't interested in tea anymore. So I slowly sat up from the seat and walked towards the door. I opened it and searched around for paparazzi. None in sight, good. I walked out of the café and started heading back to my house.