Chapter 3

--Sam's POV--

Day after day for the next few weeks, I'd see Olly walking around town with that lonely expression on his face. He looked like he had nothing better to do besides walk, or sit on park benches, or stop for tea. I don't know for sure, though. Whenever I'd try to have a conversation with him, he'd practically dart away in the other direction.

The only thing I know about him is his name, and his terrible fashion sense. Not to be rude, but c'mon, who wears heavy clothes when its practically a sauna outside?

Anyways, I wish I knew more about him. He seems like a good guy, just.. Not treated as good as he should be, maybe? Throughout the weeks, I've never seen him with a girl, just guys. Maybe that's what he needs, a girlfriend! But.. if he wanted one, why doesn't he have one, or at least try to find one?

Ugh, too many unanswered questions that need answers.

----------

 I was just about to grab my light coat and go for a walk through the park, like I do every Saturday, when I heard a knock at the door.

I shoved a random breakfast food into my mouth as I swung open the door to reveal Josh and Nick's friend who normally babysits Josh on Saturdays. David, I think he name was?

"Hey, dude." I said, referring to the small four year old. He ran towards me, practically jumping in my arms. I set him at my waist as I looked at David. No, wait.. It might be Daniel.

"Hey... David?" I asked.

"Daniel." He smiled, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

I knew it was Daniel.

"Daniel, right.. Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Last minute emergency came up and it turns out I couldn't babysit today, is that alright?"

"Yeah, perfectly fine. No worries." I said, Josh was getting fidgety in my arms so I set him down to run around the house, or do whatever four year old boys do.

"Well, it looks like a morning walk is out of my schedule." I said to myself after Daniel left. Almost like it was on some sort of cue, Josh came running in with his tiny shoes dangling from his hands, asking if we could go to the park.

I sighed as I grabbed the shoes from his hands and slipped them on his feet. As soon as the shoes were tied, Josh ran out of the door excitedly.

Now, we were off to the park.

----------

"Sammy, I go run now, okay?" Josh said, more than asked, as he ran away toward the playground.

"Be careful!" I said to him before he mounted the kiddie swing set.

I slowly walked over by a tree with plenty of leaves and sat under it to try to provide myself with some sort of protection from the sun. Watching Josh play on the playground always seemed to amuse me. He's so carefree, jumping off of almost anything higher than ground level. It scares me to watch him jump sometimes, I always think he's gonna get hurt, but he always insists he's completely fine. I just go along with it and continue to watch him jump around.

I started to look around to see if anyone else was here. I looked over by the bench that was carved with my name, which wasn't too far away from where I was sitting. There was a figure, sitting alone, twiddling with his thumbs, that I soon realized to be Olly.

I guess the multiple layers of clothing gave it away.

"That guy look sad." I heard Josh's voice from next to me. I must've been looking at Olly long enough for Josh to sneak up next to me.

"Yeah, he does." I looked at Olly again. This time, he was playing with the zipper on his jacket.

Josh reached out in front of him and grabbed a small white flower and plucked it out of the ground. "Can I give him a flower?" Josh asked, smiling. I chuckled slightly, smiling at how generous a little boy like him could be.

"Sure, go ahead." I ruffled Josh's hair as he shot up from his sitting position on the grass. He started off running, but then he stopped and walked a bit slower so he wouldn't lose the pedals on the flower as the wind breezed past him.

--Olly's POV--

I've been sitting on the same park bench for about an hour, completely alone. You'd think being a popstar, you'd have better things to do, but not me. I couldn't write a song, who would want to listen to a sad ballad about loneliness? I couldn't hang out with my band, they were all busy. I couldn't even stop for tea, I lost my wallet yesterday.

I was just silently avoiding everyone, playing with the zipper on my jacket when a boy I'd guess to be about four, came up to me with a tiny white flower. He stuck the flower out to me slowly.

"You want a flower?" He said, grinning a toothless grin. The boy's blonde hair stuck out in all different directions, like he'd been running around. His blue eyes had a certain sparkle in them. He sort of reminded me of someone... He reminded me of Sam, the girl who always wiped my table when I stopped by for breakfast.

"Uh.." I stuttered. "Sure, I'll have a flower." I took the flower out of the boy's hands and twirled it in between my fingers. The boy climbed onto the bench and sat with his hands in his lap.

"Don't be sad." He said.

"I.. Alright." I looked down at his tiny frame. He looked so relaxed, sitting next to a complete stranger and giving them life advice. I wish I could be like that. "I won't be sad." I plastered a smile onto my face as the boy looked up at me, his smile matching mine.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. Then, in the span of what seemed like seconds, paparazzi started to show up. They kept coming until it was practically a mob surrounding me and the boy. The camera flashes and screaming seemed to frighten him as he burst into tears, just adding more to the chaos.

I scooped the boy into my arms as I sat up from the bench. I pushed past the various people and tried to find a safe building close by. That's when I saw the café. I slowly ran over to the café with the boy still crying in my arms. When I entered, I saw one seat available that was away from any windows, so I walked over and sat down, letting the boy sit on my lap.

That's when I realized, his parent's must be going nuts.

"Shh. Calm down, it'll be okay." I whispered, holding the boy close to my chest as I rubbed small circles on his back. "Where are your parents?" I asked. The little boy opened his mouth to say something, but he was cut off by the door to the café swinging open.

"Josh!" Sam burst through the door. The boy, who I assumed to be Josh, quickly climbed off of my lap and ran into Sam's arms.

"Are you alright? Did you get hurt?" Sam asked Josh.

Josh sniffled, rubbed his nose, then nodded. "I'm okay. He help me!" Josh pointed at me, and Sam looked up from Josh and at me. She smiled a grateful smile, then mouthed the words 'thank you'. I smiled back, mouthing 'you're welcome' as Sam stood up, taking Josh in her arms. Josh started off telling a random story from his imagination, and Sam exited the café, smiling at Josh and pretending to listen.

That's when I knew that the little white flower meant so much more.