7 Years Later Chapeter one

"Sarah! It is time to get out of that bed young lady! You need to finish packing so that we can leave!."

I opened my eyes to the alarm clock, it only being 4 in the morning, and groaned. It was too early for me to get up. Two years ago, I would have gotten up, full of energy, and swim laps in the school pool, but ever since the accident, I refused to go in the water. I hate that I keep having these dreams of our old family vacations and swimming. I miss the water and the ocean, but ever since the water took my parents lives, I refused to go in.

"Hurry up!" I heard my aunt yelling me to get ready and I groaned and finally got out of bed. Today would be the first time I have ever been back to the islands. I will be turning 18 this summer and leaving for college, and my aunt wanted to surprise me by going back to that place.

"I'm up, I'm up." I yelled, and started to finish packing.

As we finally pulled up to the camping grounds, my nerves were sent to the edge as I was looking towards the water. We haven't been to these camping grounds in 6 years, and it felt like I have always been here. It was a simple campground on the beach where right off was a lake to one side and docks and on the other, the ocean. It was rare for a lake to be near an ocean, but the history and myths of the lake and ocean still seems to be a mystery to many scientists. We used to rent a few small motor boats and the edge of our dock, but I don't think I would be going onto a boat anytime soon.

As me and my aunt started to set up camp, a car pulls up next to ours, and comes out my brother and his expecting wife, their three little boys of 5, 6, and 8, and the 100 pound black lab. I guess this was another surprise to my birthday gift I thought as I rolled my eyes as I walked towards my brother and gave him a hug.

"Geeze Sarah, you are growing old on me, though you are still the little midget I know." Matt said as my 26 year old brother gave me a big old bear hug.

"Martha, would you like me and Matt to help you with the tents?" Jess asked my aunt.

" NO, no, my dear, I may be 58 years old but I know when a young mother expecting should be relaxing then helping me with this. NO, you, the boys and Sarah go swimming, Matt and I will finnsih the rest.

My blood ran cold as I heard of me swimming, but I refuse to. I looked and my aunt and she gave me a look and Sarah and Matt exchanged a knowing look.

"Hey sis, why don't you take your favorite cousins to go exploring and show them around while we help?

I sighed with relief and grabbed the boys and walked towards the town made of an amusement park of the sea.