Chapter one: Xabiere!!!

"Xabiere. Hey Xabiere. Xabiere!" I gasped at a sudden thundering voice that roared into my eardrums. I jumped as my spirit bounced upward, but someone grabbed my arm. It was Mondrea, my delirious, happy-go-lucky, totally exhausting, and annoying sister.

I wiped my eyelids to get rid of the irritating room. A flash of light shined in front of me. I covered my face with my hand as Mondrea slid the curtains open. "Rise and shine, Xabe!" she said sarcastically.

"Ugh. Mondrea, what time is it?" I asked while I still wipe my eyes.

"See for yourself, brother." she pointed at the clock above the wall behind me. Time addressed to me that it was seven o'clock in the morning. 

I peered to her so the light wouldn't straightly blind me."What the . . . why are you so early?"

"Sam's outside again. He needs you," she replied. And that got me thinking.

"Oh . . . wait, why?" I asked.

"Just come downstairs. Darn it, why can't just Rosie call you instead?" she muttered by the time she left. As I got up, I cracked my bones and stretched my limbs to release the tension. Ahhh, that feels so good. I even shook and slapped my face just for me to wake up more. I walked towards the stairs like a drunken man. I stumbled and rolled over and over again until I reached the ground floor. I felt how sore my body is. "Ow . . ." I muttered. Yup, that's me.

"Xabiere, Is that you?" Henrich shouted from the kitchen.

"Yeah," I grunted in response, rubbing my neck in hopes that the pain would vanish.

"Good, Sam needs you!" she yelled again.

"I know," I groaned. In front of the brown door with a misty window, I could see a silhouette of a person. He has just the right amount of fat, height, and curls on his hair. As I opened the door, I could see the houses of my home, Snowfall village. The roofs were blanketed with pure white snow including the leaves of the trees nearby. I have yet to see my home neither this snowy nor cold. I could see my neighbors wearing coats and jackets to get themselves comfortable from this winter atmosphere while laughing at their conversation.

Until my eyes fixed on a person standing right in front of me. "Uh . . . is this the Berrygrewd residence?" asked the guy, who was wearing a white uniform, in a low, lazy-toned voice as if he was awake for too long.

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"Uuuh . . . I came here to . . . uuuh . . . give you this package." He opened his bag and brought out a rectangular object wrapped with paper.

"What is that?"

"I don't know . . . you're the one who ordered this," he said slowly.

"Me?" Suddenly, Rosie rushed towards the man from behind my back. 

"Oh, goody, goody, goody! That's mine, thank you!" she went back to the place where she came, which I really don't know. turned back to see his tiring gaze again.

"So, who are you?" I asked the guy.

"Oh . . . uuuuh . . . I'm juuuust . . . a guuuuy, that sends messages to the villages . . . ." he replied.

"Are you . . . new here?"

"Uuuh . . . nooo . . . okay . . . for now, yes." The mailman and I got stuck in an awkward moment that I probably won't forget.

"Um . . . okay. Uh . . . how many letters have you sent these days?" I asked him nervously. I really need to get out of this awkward situation, it really sucks.

"Uh ... maybe thousands?" the guy shrugged before picking his nose.

"Oh my . . . eww . . . I . . . oh my . . . uh . . . what's your name?" I regret asking him that, but hey, that's me every time I have nothing in mind when it comes to talking to someone I just met, seriously.