Surprise, we meet again.

I had already stayed at Theresa and Todd’s place for about three days and it felt cool and refreshing. They were soothing people. Why? Well, they did not break into my privacy, allowed me to roam around all day, see the beautiful side of an old couple, fed me marvelous food and bought chocolates for desert. They were affectionate, supportive and funny.

At noon, their free time, Theresa and Todd often hurried to watch news on the national channel and prompted me to watch it with them but I came to know they fell asleep(their heads dropping to their shoulders, their mouth hanging open and snoring like baby bulldozers)-which was pretty funny to watch and I could not blame them. And I, being I, sneaked to the TV to change the channel.

Theresa made tea almost all the time, so obviously we got along very well. Todd played thrilling chess matches with me while Theresa watched her soaps and I could not complain to be bored with the old people. 

They were themselves a pretty funny couple to watch because of Theresa being authoritative and Todd being a beefy biker with a heart that was softer than a baby bum.

One day, Todd come back home with a ferocious and spitting iguana in a chicken cage. No need to tell you that Theresa had been so spooked at the sight of such a savage guest in her girly and blooming living room that she had almost jumped out of her shoes. She screamed and yelled for Todd who arrived almost immediately with an innocently guilty look on his face.

 Theresa broke into an angry fit of cackling rambles, her face turning red and her grey hair rose. I never thought that I would ever see a big and sturdy biker lower his shoulders in submission, nervously hold his fingers on his belly, look down to his shoes and go all pouty-looking. But I did. And it was pretty funny to see him carry the reptile away with a face that a toddler would have if we had taken away his favorite toy.

Another day arrived when Theresa complained about Todd’s burgeoning belly beer. Todd set his hands on his belly protectively and said:

“I’m no’ growin fa’. Just me belly gettin’ along the 3D trend”

<I am not growing fat. It’s just my belly getting along the 3D trend.>

They were a wonderful couple, a perfect example that there should be no fear or paranoid thoughts to grow old with someone under the bond of love.

Moving on…

Today, a few musicians were going to play at the pub and we were all very excited. I helped Todd and Theresa set up the tables around the small stage that was rarely used and I helped them prepare the snacks that were going to be cooked for the customers. I proposed to help them with serving the food and drinks around, using my skills at being a waitress.

Apparently, the musicians were attracting several customers who came by to confirm the mini show. I always admired those musicians, they were quite impressive. They had to deal with so much at the same time: stage fright, correct pitch and notes, lyrics and possibility of mistakes. Some like John were able to connect with the rest of the group and also with the audience while they were themselves concentrated in their music.

The musicians arrived early and Theresa rushed to welcome them while I cut the onions with tears cascading from my eyes. Theresa would have scolded me for doing this job but I insisted, wanting to save her once from such a trouble.

Night came back again and people started to gather. I served drinks, dashing from table to table with the serving dish in my upright hand, without breaking anything and almost waltzing among the busy audience. I enjoyed doing that, it made me happy. Suddenly, everything grew silent and I heard the sound of an electric guitar, then a guitar, then an electric piano and a soft male voice. Fortunately, most food had already been served so I returned to the counter.

The music had started and we all sat to enjoy in admiration. I sat behind the counter, closing my eyes to enjoy the slow rock music that was being played. All along, the beat was strong and captivating, the melody was deep and mesmerizing and at times, the audience clapped in time to enhance the musical performance. At times, I hummed to the tune, wanting to add some of my own to the music.

Theresa came and prompted me to go sit comfortably on the cushions of the front. I decided to see the musicians and guess who I saw at the guitar?

COMMENT-VOTE-FAN. its more of a filler chapter but just trying to say that the girl has a life.

 Me.