Katie

My life is crazy good right now. I have perfect grades, perfect friends, a seemingly perfect life. 

But no perfect boyfriend. That's what I'm missing. I know I'm not one to complain, but I so depretely want love. But alas. No boys live up to my standards. Yet.

Enter Evan. The new guy in school. He just got here a week ago and is already second chair viola. He's on varsity football, is in four AP classes, and has got a perfect face. He seems like good boyfriend materiel. Now if only I could get up the courage to talk to him. 

I sit behind him in AP Physics, and all i can do is stare at the back of his oh so pretty head. And just as I'm about to reach out my hand, boom the bell rings. I sigh and gather my stuff, then notice Evan has turned around and is staring at me.

"Your that girl from VlogQuest, Katie right?" He says. I about die. He knows my name! Well of course he knows your name, your Katie Wood!

"Ya, I am" I answer

"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you! I watch your guys vlogs and your my favorite. Of course I knew who you were, I just had to ask." He smiles at me sheepishly and turns his head.

"Well thank you. I appreciate it. Just don't tell my friends, everybody else thinks they are the fan favorite, but of course I know better."

He laughs and steps a little closer. 

"So I heard there is a carnival tonight? The fall festival or something?"

"Ya, everybody in town always goes."

"Great, so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Maybe?"

"I would love to, but I went yesterday with my friends. Not something you want to go to twice, let me tell ya. Anyways, it's our group vlog for the week. But, I'm free Saturday if you would like to go see a movie or something?"

"I'll pick you up at 6."

"Sounds good."

He smiles and waves as he leaves the classroom. I walk out to find Sam and Kailey waiting for me.

"So did you see that new guy? Evan I think is his name?" Sam asks.

"Ya, he just asked me out." I reply and shove past her to start walking to my locker. 

"He what!" Kailey and Sam both say at the same, while hurrying to catch up.

"Uh huh. He wanted to go to the carnival, but we compromised on a movie since I was going with you guys."

"Whens the date?" Kailey asks.

"Tomorrow"

I reach my locker and start punching in the numbers. Riverstone couldn't be normal, we just had to have punch in codes. I reach in for my backpack and shut the locker. Kailey and Sam are both staring at me like I've grown another head.

"What?" I ask. They always seem to know more than I do.

"Nothing. You just belong with someone else. " Sam says.

Their always talking about some other guy i belong with, but they never tell me who. Like, how am I supposed to get together with this guy, if I don't know who it is?

"You guys always talk about this person I belong with, but it doesn't help me out if I don't know who it is!"

For real. I can never "belong" with a person that doesn't exist.

"We can't say." Sam replies.

"Sworn to secrecy." Kailey says.

"Well anyways I gotta get to softball, see you ladies at the game."

The first home football game is tonight and everybody goes. I head to the locker room to change. As I'm pulling on my softball pants, one of the girls approaches me.

"Did Evan really ask you out?"

"Wow word travels fast." She looks me up and down and walks away. I frown and keep getting dressed. It's like a cute boy could never ask me out. 

When I get done getting dressed I walk outside on to the field and start talking with coach. I'm the team captain so I have lots of other stuff to deal with. I'm starting to stretch when the rest of the team comes out. I tell them to start with the warm-ups and continue my own stretching. That's when I notice the football team has arrived to screw around and jack us up.

They always come at least once a week and distract my players from what they are supposed to be doing. I walk over as calmly as I can, with my game face on. I reach the football captain and find my self face to face with Evan.

"Your the captain? Already?" I ask.

"Yep. Just the right man for the job I guess." He replies.

"You and your players need to get off my field."

"technically it's the bleachers."

"You and your players need to get off my bleachers."

"Now why would we leave when there are cute girls running around in sports bras for our entertainment?"

"Go away."

"Fine fine."

Then he turns to the team and says,

"Take a last good look boys. We just got kicked out."

He turns back to me, winks, and trots off with the rest of his team. I roll my eyes and jog back to where the rest of my team has already started running drills. It's a long practice. But with the thought of Evan on my mind, it's not that bad.