Try Again

Hey guys! This is the first chapter of "They Don't Know About Us", I'm extremely excited to get this story started and I hope you all enjoy it!

________________________

The doorbell rang throughout the home in Arizona and the petite woman nearly wobbled to the front door. She rested a hand over the bulging bump on her midsection and huffed as she opened the door. A bright smile grew across her face as she saw the three in front of her.

"Auntie BiBi!!" Kam peeped from behind his mother's legs and ran up to the heavily pregnant woman, hugging her legs and rubbing her tummy. Abigail laughed freely as she ran a hand over Kam's freshly cut hair.

"Hey Kam, how are you doing sweetie?" Abi smiled as she watched the little boy talk to her baby bump and place his ear to it.

"I'm fine. Hi Cousin Rivers," Kam listened for a response but received a kick from the growing baby inside of his godmother. Kam clapped as the baby kicked his ear again and smiled up at his parents.

"He said hi Mommy," the little boy smiled as she mother laughed at her son's excitement. Abi stepped aside, allowing the small family to enter her home. They were coming to help her with the final details for the nursery.

"Hey Abs, how've you been? Have you been eating and sleeping alright?" Klay asked while hugging her small frame. He rubbed her tummy, just as Kam had moments earlier and it made her laugh.

"I'm fine Klay, stop worrying. I've been eating, trust me, a girl has gain about 40 pounds since being pregnant. I'm going to need some serious workouts after this." Abi wobbled down the hall, holding Kam's hand as they walked to the nursery. Klay and Erika followed the two, glancing at the pictures lining the walls. There were some of Abi with her college friends, the Arizona Cardinals and her Sun Devils' basketball team.

Klay nudged Erika and pointed at the newest picture on their friend's wall. Erika stopped dead in her tracks and smiled brightly, loving the support Abi always showed. Abi stopped walking and peered over her shoulder, not hearing a sound from the two behind her. She caught them staring at the photo she had hang up next to Kam's.

"Oh come on! You two have seen that picture countless times! Heck, you're in it!" she laughed at the two, catching them in the act. Klay rubbed the back of his neck nervously, as Erika blushed profoundly.

"We were just looking at some of the new additions you have here. It's been a while since I've been out here," Klay tried to hide the blush in his cheeks but failed miserably. Erika poked his side and rolled her eyes, laughing at him. Abi smiled and looked down at Kam, who was beaming up at his parents.

"Yeah, sure you were. So are y'all coming to see what Jas and I have added or not?" she tapped her swollen foot on the hardwood, waiting for an answer. The duo nodded and took a step forward, continuing on their journey.

"You know this is enough exercise right here, I'm out of breath," Klay huffed and leaned against the doorframe once they entered the nursery. Erika's eyes took in the beautiful combinations of blue and white throughout the room. Above the crib was a framed Patriots' jersey with "Love" and 0 on the back. There was also a letter from Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and Dont'a Hightower, congratulating Abi on her pregnancy and saying how her son would eventually be a fellow Patriot.

Kam let go of Abi's hand and went to climb into the rocking chair. He picked up a popup book and started looking through it, trying to read on his own. Abi sat on the ottoman while Klay sat against the crib with Erika in between his legs.

"So what do y'all think? Is it too much? No enough? Will he like it?" the woman was a mess, trying to straighten up the blanket next to her. Erika chuckled softly before turning on her friend.

"This is amazing Abs, you and Jas did a great job and I'm sure Rivers is going to love it every time he opens his little eyes. Although I think he'd fare better as a Packer, but that's just me," Erika shrugged nonchalantly as she gazed at the jersey on the wall. Abi rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Aaron and the guys gave me the changing table along with tons of clothing and hats. Trust and believe he's going to be decked out in green and gold as well," Klay shook his head at the two women who loved sports more than most of the men he knew.

"That's what's up, I can't wait until he goes to his first game!" Erika clapped happily and Abi couldn't help but take notice to the new addition on her finger.

"Yeah, it's going to be crazy but enough about me. Let's talk about you two, I mean it's not every day a girl gets a phone call to be a maid of honor! How did this happen?!"Abi shifted, trying to get herself comfortable.

"Well you know I had to take some time away, so Kam and I went to visit some friends in London, plus I had to fly to New York to get ready for the fashion show. Klay had asked where I was going and I told him, so he kind of tagged along for a bit. We used the time to reunify and learn how to co-parent in an effective way. Then things just went up from there. Life is too short and I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering what could have been, I want to invest my heart into this," Erika looked back at her fiancé and smiled, kissing his jaw.

"Yeah, she's right. Us being together felt so right and I know how it feels to live without her, I'm not planning on doing that anymore. So I went on a hunt for the most beautiful ring I could find that would fit her personality and here we are. I wasn't going to lose her again, no matter what," Klay kissed the woman's temple. It was amazing watching the two interact, especially now since neither had any drama or craziness to deal with.

"This is exciting, like I can't even right now," Abi rested her hand on her bump again, rubbing it in soothing circles.

"I'm happy to hear that because I have to tell you something," Klay said hesitantly. He wasn't ready to tell her the other surprise they had but it had to be now or never.

"What? You're not pregnant again are you?!" Abi squealed and began to clap with delight. Erika shook her head immediately, not allowing the woman to think anything like that.

"No way, Kam is enough right now but Klay does have some news. Tell her babe," Erika nudged the man in his side and gave him an encouraging nod.

"Um, I don't know how to tell you this...but Kevin is going to be my best man..." as soon as the words left his mouth, Abi saw red.

"What the hell were you thinking?!?!"

Klay and Erika looked at each other and realized telling her might be the worst idea possible. The worst part...they had more news for her and neither were ready to talk about it just yet.

They did, after all, want to make it down the aisle...

_________________________

So how many of you were shocked to see the engaged couple?! No one thought to pick Erika and Klay!

Shoutout to the little sis, -tesfaye- for the amazing cover!