Chapter 1

Early Monday mornings are the worst. For me at least. The bright morning light irritates my eyes, the chirping of the birds are annoying as hell and the sound of my alarm clock sounds like a freaking fire alarm, telling me to get up and go outside which I absolutely hate. A day in the outdoors is like a nightmare to me. The large crowd intimidates me, and then there's the gossips, and the rumors, and the tiresome cheerfulness of the neighbors, and the "smiles" of people make that meets my intense gaze. However, a night outside is paradise to me. I love the cold, white moon that soothes me after my grueling day. I love the beautiful stars that stretch across the sky. Most of all, I love the darkness. Not the creatures that lingers in darkness, just darkness in general. I can do anything in the dark.

Anything.

Anything at all.

Unfortunately, it's morning and I'm about to have another nightmare. A terrible one too: I am going to start my first day of high school. Terrifying, right? Anyway, I get out of bed and I walked towards to my bathroom to take a quick shower. The wall next to the door of my bathroom is a full size mirror. When I took a quick glance of myself at the mirror, I looked like a mess since I have bed hair. My long, wavy brown hair were all frizzled and were tangles. The pajamas I wore were wrinkled. I rolled my eyes at my morning appearance and took my warm shower. After I'm done, I get changed into a white jacket with a hoodie on and it sort of shines when light reflects on it, a light blue shirt underneath it, and a pair of simple white shorts, slightly above my knees, with white, leather boots. Ironically, my favorite colors are blue and white but my favorite thing is darkness. I ate my breakfast and I headed for my school.

My school is a 15 minute walk away from my house. But I don't think "house" is the appropriate word for it. Maybe "apartment" will do. It has two floors but the rooms are pretty small. If I were to throw a party, only 8 people can fit. Guests are only allowed downstairs not upstairs. Anyone who dares to step foot upstairs are to be brutally punished. Just kidding, I would just drag them downstairs. Also, I live alone.

I reached my destination and can I just say this: Damn, this is a big school! I mean, how do people always say they know where they're going in a week?! By the size of this monstrosity of a school, I would probably need a month to memorize where all my classes are! And for your information, I will fail my geography class.

I gathered up all my courage, opened the school doors, and walked in. Welcome to hell.

My first class was Algebra, the subject that I absolutely despise. I get that math is one of the most important things to learn in your life. I dig that. But, when are we going to need to solve (9+14x)2y7t4256 in our lifetime? Seriously... it's unbelievable.

I scanned the room for open seats. The whole back row is empty, including the one on the far left corner near the window. My favorite spot. When I sat at that seat, I stared at the sky.

I always wondered what it feels like to fly...

All of a sudden, something caught my attention at the corner of my eye. You've Got. To Be. Freaking. Kidding. Me. Right. Now. Three girls walked into the room, giving off that "Bitch, I'm fabulous *z snap* vibe"... Let's say that's not my vibe nor it's my favorite. The lead girl has a gorgeous, long, blonde hair with a loose ponytail. She also has emerald eyes that sparkle. It literally sparkles. Her name is Heather Genevieve. The second girl has a short but cute black hair with green highlights. She has dark blue eyes. How I wanted those eyes for myself. Whenever I look at them, it reminds me of my friend, darkness. But, I guess my eye color is fine, I guess: it's aqua blue. Anyway, that second girl's name is Alyssandra Adonis. Lastly, the third girl has a brunette hair in a high ponytail. She has freckles over her cheeks and she has dark brown eyes. She's the shortest one in the trio. Her name is Marina Eraes. All three of them are my arch enemies.