Killing Spree

Jacob... imprinted on Bella. I never would have imagined anything like this happening. I will never hold her in my arms, or smell her sweet scent, watch her blush, or mumble my name in her sleep. Jacob made it very clear that he did not want me any where near her. But I have to protect her, keep her safe, until Victoria is dead. Then I can leave. Let her be happy and live a long happy life. I just am not sure that I will be able to do that. Leave. Leave my world behind.

***
Jacobs P.O.V.

I phase outside and run into the woods. Leaving Bella... I know she'll be safe. The bloodsucker will watch her for now. I catch a familiar scent and lurch forward sensing her presence. Her scent is strong and recent.
I smell her too. Let's get her.
You take left I'll take right
I'll follow behind her
Let's hurry

I hear the packs thoughts and take the left side of her, I look to my right and see Paul, and of course Sam is ahead of me, right behind Victoria. Her flaming hair is hard to miss. She looks back and smirks. She stops suddenly and Sam skids into her. She kicks him away and sends him flying, knocking down a few trees in the process. I run behind her and almost have her, but she jumps high into a tree and watches us from above.
"Give up now. Your never going to catch me. Your too slow."
Paul growls at her and prepares to leap at her. But right before he does, she jumps to the next tree, jumps down and runs away. We chase right behind her, almost catching her several times, not paying very much attention to where we were at the moment. But then I catch the scent of a human and stop.
Guys stop. Smell that?
The pack all skids to a stop and sniffs.
A human
a human
A person
I stop and watch as Victoria runs into the middle of the street and startles a small car, sending it swerving into the side of the road, and crashing head on into a tree. Victoria rushes to the side of the car and smirks.
"Smells delicious."
She grabs the driver my the neck and drags him out onto the street. The smell of blood is strong. I leap forward and collide with her hard body, the sound loud and thunderous. I snap at her neck and rip a small piece of her off, the sound of it tearing from her body... It sounds like two rocks scraping together. She screeches and kicks my leg, I can feel it shatter and I fall down in pain. Paul leaps in and pulls off another chunk of her this time from her leg, she screeches again and flings Paul away, she grabs the man from the car and runs away with his body in her arms. I phase back to human form and stand, the movement sends pain through my leg, but I know it will heal soon, nothing I can't handle. The pack phases as well, and I pull on my shorts.
"What the hell Jake! You couldn't take her!" Paul's shouts at me.
"By the looks of it, you couldn't either, so shut it."
"I jumped in because you couldn't handle it! I saved your ass so I should be hearing a thank you.'
" Shut the-"
"Enough!." The sound of Sam's voice is enough to shut us up.
"Neither of you had her. Arguing is useless. What we need to be worried about is why she smelt so strongly of human blood."
"I'll go and checks around, see if anyone's missing."
"Thank you Jacob" I nod and head towards town.
As soon as I'm there I can tell something is wrong. There are people outside, crowded,huddled together,worried. Charlie got back today... We need to protect him.
I see him up ahead, talking to a crying woman. I approach him and he looks surprised.
"Jake! Do you know what's going on you should be with Bella."
"She's safe. I made sure of that. But what's happening around here?"
"10 people have gone missing. And we found 3 dead."
Victoria.
"The FBI are coming. They think someone in town is killing them. But I'm not sure. This is something I've never seen before, the people that we found seem to have been... I'm not exactly sure. But all of their throats have been... Ripped out, this isn't an animal.. It's something else."
"Stay safe Charlie. I'm going to go get Bella." Because I know where Victoria is headed next. I better hurry and fast