Chapter three; Car ride

The game ended swiftly afterwords, and I was full of adrenalin. The fact of the matter is, I love fighting. I love wrestling with my pack.

"Akita, go snoop around the basketball players. See if you smell anything different. It's easy for boys to get distracted by a pretty girl." Dagger suggested.

Damon growled -litrally- and smacked the back of daggers head. Damon was sitting on the top of the bleachers, with his raven black vans kicked up on another.

"That's my sister you asshole."

I rolled my eyes. Both of them embarrassed me, honestly.

"I'll go see if I spot anything." I groaned. I slid down the thin railing, and leaped to my feet. I hated making myself obvious, but cats love to do stunts. I peaked my head around, and then slid into the crowd of horrid smelling athletes.

"Hey there pretty lady."

"Yo, you have anything after the game?"

All these ignorant and irrelevant boys were bombarding me with questions. I smelled nothing but cheap cologne, sweat, and disgusting days old nacho cheese. But all of a sudden, I smelled the most enduring, and precious scent.

I felt as if I had a kitten in me, and it wanted to play. I shook my head, I need to snap out of it. I could've sworn my eyes lit up. What did this mean? I wanted to ask my brother, but maybe I should just keep this to myself.

I reeled myself out of the crowd. I didn't smell any dogs. I saw Damon looking around, I think he sent the boys to snoop outside.

"Damon!" I shouted. I think I sounded nervous. I am nervous. I barely heard myself outside of my thoughts.

Damon took notice, and rushed to my side.

"I think we need to call this off. Now." I ordered. Damon searched my face for answers he was thinking in his head.

"Wha-what? What do you mean? Why?"

"I just have a--strange feeling. Lets not do it now. I didn't even smell anything." I explained, trying to hide my little secret. "Okay, fine. If you insist." Damon said, I know he really didn't want to.

-

I found myself feeling alone once more. The boys took the car home, but I suggested that I should walk.

Surprisingly Damon let me, hmm.

I just need time to myself sometimes. But it wouldn't hurt to have someone else love me. I just want to leave Beacon Hills. It gave me the chills, what if one of us died? What if we don't make it out of this. We're fighting an endless battle against the dogs.

The honk of a horn startled me, and I leaped.

"Hey there, pretty lady." Peter smirked, peaking his head towards the passenger window. Derek gave me a shy smile, and a wave. My cheeks turned rosey, and I greeted them both. "Hey, guys."

"Do you need a lift? It's cold out." Peter suggested.

"Yea, there's room." Derek added.

How could I say no to those eyes?

"Um, okay. Sure. Thank you." I smiled, walking closer to the silver vehicle.

Derek jumped from the car, and encouraged me to sit in the middle. It was a silver truck, and it was made to fit three people in the front.

"Welcome aboard." Peter smiled.

"Hey can I ask you a question?" I asked.

Peter turned the key of his car, as Derek leaped in next to me. He smelled so good, even after a basketball game.

"Can we not drive by the hotel? You already know how my brother and his friends act." I sighed - slightly embarrassed.

"What are you, a scaredy cat?" Peter mocked.

"I guess you can put it that way."

We began to drive, and I was really just nervous about Derek. Peter was fine, but Derek was who I was infatuated with. Maybe that was bad, considering I literally just met him.

"So, Akita. What kind of music do you like?" Derek asked, reaching for the radio. "Anything except country."

"Classic rock it is then."

"My favorite."

Mississippi Queen. Of course.

"I'm actually really bored, so what do you guys want to do?" Peter butted in. I looked over at Derek, and then at Peter.

"Um, what's there to do around here?" I asked.

Derek and Peter looked at each other, and smirked.

"Buckle up." Derek grinned.

-

AN; Sorry this is a short chapter but I wanted to publish something for you guys. Thank you for being patient with me. Lot of love - Gabi x