Prologue.

"Akita!" shouted Damon as he opened the screen door to our kitchen. "Yea, Damon?" I asked, turning to face him. "We need more firewood, the fires starting to dim. Can you and Dagger get some?" he asked. Our parents were never home, always traveling. But my brother and I had to settle down to finish school and have a social life.

Dagger pushed his way into the kitchen, and combed his black hair with his fingers. "Come on, the rest of the guys will be here soon." Dagger ordered. Dagger was my brothers best friend, but he was really cocky. I listened though, they were the only friends I had. Well, them and the pack.

The leaves and twigs crunched under our feet, and the cool breeze tickled my tan skin.

"So are you ready for the trip we have to take?" Dagger asked.

I collected more of the wood from the ground. "What trip?" I asked, absorbing the damp oak. Dagger piled up twigs on a dead log and chuckled.

"Damon hasn't said anything? We're going to Beacon Hills." Dagger casually shrugged as we made our way back. It didn't surprise me, I heard them talk about it several times. I just didn't think that they would actually go. There was something we had to take care of.

"That was fast, thanks guys." Damon smiled.

"No problem. I told Akita about our trip," Dagger mentioned. Damon's smile fadded, and he chucked the wood into the bonfire pit.

"I told you not to bring Tigger into this." Damon growled.

I hated when he called me Tigger.

Dagger chuckled. "Stop babying your little sister, dude. Time for Tigger to be a Tiger." Dagger protested, with the same cocky smirk on his face. Damon sighed and starred at me a bit, "You're right."

"I learned how to control it, Damon. I'm not a kitten." I mentioned.

"I know, and your stronger, faster, bigger. I'm proud of you," Damon smiled.

Harley and Ranger butted in, "We should ditch this bonfire, I heard the elk in the forest." Ranger smiled.

"You ready to go on your first hunt before Beacon Hills?" Damon smirked. I nodded, of course I was.

-

"Wooh! Let's go!" Harley grinned, his eyes glowing the bright blue. I turned to see everyone's eyes burst into that same beautiful blue.

"You coming?" Dagger smiled excitedly. His smile was contagious, and I felt my eyes turn into a different color, yellow.

I didn't earn my blue ones yet, this is my first hunt. We took off running, the nights breeze was all the more satisfying.

Okay; control, hunt, defend.

All of a sudden my hands were paws, and my body was covered in white fur. I looked to my left to see the other four snow leopards turn mute. They were on the prowl. I watched at first, I was a newbie.

My brother was turned into this beautiful beast when we were only kids. I remember the day, the year, everything. I was as young as nine, and he was eleven. We were playing in the forest, the parts where our parents told us never to go. I remember his faint tone, saying "Come on Tigger, I think something is wrong with me.." I remember looking up at his brown eyes now blue. And his fingernails started growing. The moonlight was glistening on his tender pale skin. I was scared, but I knew Damon would never hurt me. I clenched my eyelids shut, but when I opened them, my big brother was not there. Instead an adult snow leapord stood before me. We were born this way, I was too young to understand. It was all because of my mother who was bitten when she was pregnant, but my brother and I carried it in our bloodstream.

A loud roar brought me out of my trance. Two elks were laying lifeless on the forest floor, it was sad. Our eyes were blue for killing the innocents, but it wasn't our fault. Every time the moon shined our wild side was released.

We were alive.

We hunted on these forest creatures, but my mother was never effected. I shrugged it off, my mother seemed so human.

-

AN:Thanks for reading! This is just explaining Akita's story before she and her brother go into Beacon Hills to take care of a problem. - Love Gabi x