Secrets

Secrets - One Republic

I need another story
Something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring
Need something that I can confess

Beca groggily reached out for Chloe, groaning when she was met with cold bed sheets. She knew the redhead would be mad when she woke up, half expected to have a whack over the head with a pillow as her alarm clock this morning; but she didn't expect her to just be gone. She burrowed back in to the sheets, dreading the drama she knew the day would bring.

She had been having another memory dream. She had them occasionally; most of the time they were over random little memories, but sometimes they were special memories, memories that made her heart constrict so tight that she felt like she was having a panic attack when she woke up.

Last night's hadn't been horrible, they had been at some awards show for one of Chloe's music videos. Normally choreographers fell into the background at these things, but when you also happened to be dating one of the hottest music producers in the business - literally and figuratively (Ryan Seacrest's words, not hers) - everybody wanted to take your picture.

Ninety percent of the time, Beca didn't give two shits about the paparazzi, annoying as they were; but on awards nights she made an exception. Mainly because Chloe loved awards shows. Loved them. Like she would spend weeks picking out an outfit, deciding what to paint her nails, making Beca try on endless pairs of shoes. . . it was exhausting. Beca knew how much these nights meant to the redhead, whether one of them was nominated or not, so she always put forth a special effort to be a charming and attentive partner. She smiled for the cameras, she laughed at the interviewers stupid jokes, and most importantly (in Beca's opinion), she took the opportunity to show off her always gorgeous and extremely charismatic girlfriend.

Beca always said - and her publicist readily agreed - that people wouldn't like her half as much if Chloe wasn't beside her. Chloe softened Beca's edges, drew out all the best parts of her and put them out on display for the world to see. The DJ may have liked to act like she wasn't a fan of awards shows, but she secretly loved having her arm around the prettiest girl at the show. Nothing else made her feel like a rock star quite like that.

She let out a giant sigh into the pillow, wondering dejectedly if she would ever feel like that again. To start with, she should probably go find Chloe, wherever she had taken off too.

The DJ rolled over, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she sat up. When she finally opened her eyes she jumped three feet in the air, heart pounding in her chest.  Chloe sat at the foot of the bed, legs pulled up to her chest, gatorade clutched in her hand.

"Jesus! Holy shit, woman! I thought you had left. How long have you been up?"

"Long enough to puke, shower, and then puke again."

Beca winced. "Yeah I figured you'd be pretty hungover this morning."

"Some better now. I'm not nauseous, and my headaches gone and I think if I eat something I'll be ok." Beca moved to get up, but a hand on her arm stopped her.

"What . . . what were you dreaming about?" Chloe's question was hesitant, as if she was afraid of the answer.

"What was I dreaming about?" Beca knew she was stalling.

"Yeah, you just looked really happy, you kept grinning, it was kind of cute." Her smile was hesitant.

The DJ leaned forward to brush the hair out of Chloe's eyes, and she took the older girl's free hand in hers.

"You."

"Me?"

"You. And happier times."

"Like last week?"