Date Night

How you get the girl - Taylor Swift

Chloe straightened her shoulders. 

Chin up, abdomen in, eyes forward. 

Deep breath in. 

Hold it. 

Out. 

In.

Hold it.

Out.

You are Chloe effin' Beale, hopefully soon to be Mitchell. 

You are a four time collegiate a Capella national champion, and a reigning world a Capella champion.  

You have danced with Beyonce.

You are dating the hottest DJ on the West Coast, possibly the entire world.

You just have to make her fall in love with you again.

You is smart.

You is kind.

You is important.

She shook herself off after her internal pep talk, bouncing on the toes of her sneakers, and gave one last look to her outfit. Every piece had a purpose. She was wearing slightly faded, tight skinny jeans that hugged her ass just right because Beca just loved to check out her ass. Her top was low cut because, lesbihonest, Beca was definitely a boob man. Her top was also sleeveless because, hello, she had great arms. Her hair fell in curls around her shoulders; and her makeup was natural, just enough mascara to make her blue eyes pop.

Finally satisfied that she looked as smoking hot as possible, she fluffed out the flower bouquet in her hand, red roses which - cliche as they were- were Beca's favorite. Taking one last deep breath, she leaned in to press the doorbell. She could hear the chimes ring throughout the house and she glanced at her watch - 6:55, right on time. It was a few moments before the door opened and Beca stepped into view, confusion quickly clouding her features.

"Did you lock yourself out or something?"

"No, I'm here to pick you up."

"Pick me up?"

"For our date?" the redhead head pulled her bottom lip between her teeth nervously, worried that she

had already messed things up.

"Oh! you're doing like a thing!" Beca's eyes lit up in understanding. "Right! Are those for me?" She gestured at the flowers.

"Of course!" She handed the flowers over and the DJ immediately buried her nose in them.

"You should come inside and help me put them in a vase."

She followed the younger girl inside, pointing out the vase she had set out earlier.

"So you're really going all out for this date thing huh?"

"It is our first one!"

"Well, not really."

"It is! I've never had a date with a Beca that I hadn't already been friends with for years and years. You may feel like this is all new for you, but it's new for me too. And you shouldn't think of it as bad or upsetting, it's exciting!" Her cheeks were wide with her trademark smile and her eyes were bright with anticipation.

"Are you always this perky?"

"Totes!"

Beca gestured her hand up and down Chloe's figure. "You're lucky you're that pretty."