Chapter Six

"That will be Scottreyg Pengadorn, the best Dragoneer in the making," he smirked confidently, leaning against the table.

He and his Dragoon were in a neat, intimate classroom with a seating capacity of until ten students. Paintings covered the plain white walls facing the wide window to match the tranquilizing view of the distant plains it presented. Vases painted with legendary stories of the past stood proud in the corner while the bust of King Hedrich and his dragon stood on either side of the broad blackboard. 

Behind the desk sat a raven-haired young lady garbed in a fashionable blue velvet dress that complemented her flawless, smooth skin. Her face, like her frame, was small and petite making her evergreen eyes n more prominent as she looked innocently at him. Her beauty, all together, made her look so fragile and weak that it allured Scott’s heroic need to protect her. And now that he was a Dragoneer, all he had to do was just woo her.

She eyed him unnervingly, took a sip from her cup, and then placed her palm on top of the documents he handed to her. Finding difficulty in maintaining eye contact with the strange boy, she briefly looked away. 

"You are Scott Pengadorn?" She asked incredulously as soon as she decided to speak.

"At your service," he said taking a step back to bow valiantly before her.

Standing behind, Luina rolled her eyes, Morschell arched a brow in confusion and Galvus just stared at the back of the redhead.

She slid his papers to one side of her desk as she spoke dubiously, "there must be some sort of mistake,"

Straightening up, he ran his fingers through his shaggy hair, "then let's fix that together,"

She cocked a brow at him, eyed him from head to toe patronizingly before leaning back with her arms crossed, "you may either have no idea who you are talking to, or are just plain ignorant,"

A playfully smirk played his lips as he sat on a nearby seat next to her, "I may not know who you are yet, but I am more than willing to find out,"

"I'm Qurielle Ystankstad from the Kingdom of Phoen," she said smoothly, her calculating gaze never wavering before Scott's daunting ones, "your Academics professor,"

In an instant, Scott's mouth hung open, his eyes widened and his face turned to a bright red matching the ultimate description of a flummoxed countenance.

Leaving him be, she asked aloud as she turned to the other four still standing in front of her, "Who here is Luina Sylvelline?"

"Ma'am," answered Luina, curtsying with her baggy leggings.

"Galvus Noctyx?"

"Ma'am," replied Galvus, bringing a fist to his chest as he bowed down.

"And Alabaster Morschell,"

"Ma'am," responded Morschell as he mimicked the big burly guy.

"Very well then," she said, smoothing out papers before bringing it to her rightful desk—which was right in front of the class. Placing her cup down, she turned to them, "you may all have your seats"

The three complied, while Scott remained limp on his--still taking his time to recompose himself-- Galvus sat to his right, Luina to his left while Morschell decided taking the last row's empty seat to her left.

"Thanks to Mr. Pengadorn, you now all know me, but for the sake of knowing how to spell my name, it is like so," she said, with a piece of chalk she wrote down her name across the blackboard that faced the class, "you may all call me Lady Qurielle,"