Chapter I - The Mikaelsons

Averie’s POV

I was lying in bed with my brother, Damon, curled up to his side as I tried to hide from the sunlight that was slowly creeping through the window. Now, I bet you’re wondering why I’m laying in bed with my brother. Well, get your mind out of the damned gutter!! I’ve been having these nightmares lately. Well, they’re more life flashbacks from my previous lives, but they may as well be nightmares with all the shit that I’ve seen. Usually when I have a bad dream, Damon is the only one that can comfort me through it, and actually get me to fall asleep peacefully. Anyway, I was doing a good job hiding from the pesky sun, but then my dear, dear brother decided he was going to be an asshole. Not that he’s nice any other time. I was shoved off the bed, and I landed with a thud on the floor. Something between a gasp and a growl left my lips as I chucked a pillow at that stupid head of his.

“Damon Giuseppe Salvatore, what in the HELL was that for?! I was comfortably, thank you very much!” I growled lowly as my eyes started to glow a violet color.

“I was bored. I want to go do something. Care to join me at the Grill for a drink, dear sister?” he offered with what he thought was a charming smirk. I scoffed at his I’m-better-than-the-world attitude, and stood up to shove him back.

“No thank you, darling brother. I promised Saint Stefan I would help him with the little “big bad hybrid” issue,” I explained with a slight pout as I grabbed my blanket and stalked out of the bedroom to my own.

I threw my comforter on the bed, and walked into the bathroom to shower for the day. After about an hour of my amazing morning therapy, I walked into my closet to fish out some clothes for the day. In the end I decided on a lace overlay bra with matching underwear, a purple and white frill sleeve top, rag & bone black shorts, fishnet stockings, knee high battalion boots, and a pair of aviators. Damon walked into my room with a scowl on his face, and he looked me up and down seeming unhappy.

http://www.polyvore.com/averie_salvatore/set?id=82404157

“Where do you think you’re going looking like that?” he asked with a bigger scowl on his face and a glare in his eyes. **Gosh he’s so protective.**

“I, dear brother, am going to visit the Mikaelsons. Didn’t you hear? They’ve moved in down the street,” I said with a sly smirk on my face as I walked past him, grabbing my keys as I did.

“You’re not going over there looking like that. Are you insane? They’re animals!” he grown as he gripped my upper arm, yanking me back to his chest. I growled at him lowly, menacingly, as red started to peek at my hairline and my eyes began to glow purple.

“Do not think you can tell me what to do. I’m doing this for Elena. I do not want her to die. She’s like my sister. Now, I suggest you let for before I make you,” I said as I stared him dead in the eyes, daring him to disobey me. He stepped back with his hands up in surrender, and I instantly pulled Azrael back as I smiled and sauntered out the door.

I skipped to my car happily, ran my hand along my baby (a cherry black ‘67 Chevy Impala), and hopped into the front seat. I started the vehicle, and made my way to the Mikaelson’s for what I can only hope would be a nice, civil chat. As I pulled into their circular driveway I saw none other than Tyler Lockwood carrying box into the over-sized mansion. Being the ever loving person I am, I bounded from my car, leapt into the air, and landed on his back. I giggles as he stumbled back a bit before turning his head to look at me. I smiled and kissed his cheek before hopping down and reaching up to ruffle his hair.