Chapter two: Rosie was nauseous

"Is mother feeling okay?" Henrich asked Nurse Joy by the time we're in Snowfall clinic. After the book fair (Honestly, it was totally great. I even bought several books with big discounts!), Henrich and I were in the nursing room while Rosie and Mondrea were sitting on a bench in the hallway. I hope Rosie survives Mondrea's talking at this point.

"Yes, your mother is quite well. Doctor Walden has checked on her condition. He told me to take care of her and make sure to keep her stable," replied Nurse Joy. Her brown hair was tied up in a casual bun. Her calm facial expression was always the same. Her dark brown eyes also looked the same way as she looked at her patients and visitors.

"Thank goodness." Henrich sighed in relief as she closed her eyes, but then quickly opening them. "Wait, what do you mean . . . keep her stable?"

"Well, there is a little problem to her condition- or a big one. When she reaches difficulty breathing at a regular pace, or when she took things way too intense, it gets worse and she'll be sweating. Most of all, her illness will keep developing until there's no cure for her."

The both of us were shocked, eyes widened, I didn't expect that mother's unknown condition could get this worse. Henrich covered her mouth with her hands. I grimaced and touched my chest like I was shot.  I then gasped, "That's horrible. Does our mother know about this?" 

"Yes . . ." Nurse Joy slowly nodded, until the transition went to shaking side-ways, "Not exactly, but don't tell her! If you do, she'll go crazy." She tried to calm us by raising her hands, but it didn't help anyway.

"This is bad, that means we have to keep her relaxed and safe? Unlike the last time we did since we were really worried," Henrich reminded.

"Now I know how mom felt being an overprotective person," I said.

"I know right?" she agreed. Being the guardian of your children would take great responsibility. Back then, mom would do everything just to keep an eye on us, even if her surveillance was not present. Right now, we're the ones who need to be the guardians.

"Nurse, when will mom be allowed to go home?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Let me think." the nurse narrowed her eyes that pointed at the ceiling, hips at her side, and her lips pursed. "Maybe after three years?"

"Three years?!" Henrich and I said in unison. Three years, I can't imagine how our mother would spend her time alone with the nurses and doctors in the clinic.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," Nurse Joy chuckled. "After two weeks, your mother is good to go. However, she will be back in here for another treatment."

"What treatment?" I asked. "Like a massage or-"

"For the cure," Nurse Joy retorted.

"Oh, okay then, thank you, nurse. We'll be on our way." The both of us shook the nurse's hands in thanks and we both went outside.

" The both of us shook the nurse's hands in thanks and we both went outside