Running from fire

10 yrs later

"My hearts a stereo, it beats for you so listen close, hear my thought in every note oh oh..." I slam the snooze on my stupid alarm as stereo heart by gym class heroes is playing.

The first thing I notice when I get up is the fact that it's 7:45.

The second is that today was the first day of school.

And the third...

I only have 5 minutes to get to school.

I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, put on a pair of boxers, a shirt and pants on.

As I'm running down the stairs, trying to put on my socks without falling down the stairs and potentially killing myself as my backpack's on one shoulder, I put on my shoes , go to the kitchen, grab a banana and run out the door.

I run to my scratched up old geyser of a car and drive all the way to school. Right as I get there the warning bell goes off. I grab my things out of my locker and run to class.

As I check my schedule I see that my first class was algebra 2/ trigonometry. Right when I take the first step in the class, the bell rings. I walk to the only desk open while thanking the universe that the teacher wasn't in class yet.

If this is just my morning, imagine the rest of my day.

Mr. Friesen walked into the classroom and passed around the syllabus for the school year. After 45 minutes of pure boredom I went to my next class.

Walking through the hallway is one of the only times you see everyone. People use it as a way to talk to their friends between classes. I use it as a way to hide from Connor.

Connor is your typical homophobic jock and captain of the football team. The one who is also known as the one who's had sex with more than 75% of the girls in school. Also included in the package is the title of bullying the sole person he hates.

Me

I'm 20 feet away from my locker when I get pulled by my shirt and slammed into a locker. I wince as the handle of the lockers stab into my back as Connor pushes my back hard into the lockers.

" Trying to escape are we?"

"No, I was just going to class." I tried to get his hold off to relieve some of the pain on my back.

"Let's see you try to get out of this one."

I hate when this happens. I've been bullied since 2nd grade. For 10 years I've been bullied and each year it becomes more difficult to control Him.

Without me noticing Connor had dragged me to the football field. Waiting there were his 2 best friends, Brian and Ethan. Throughout the years these 2 have contributed to the daily beatings.

"So what are we doing with him today?" Brian asked

"How about we knock some sense into him?" Says Ethan

" That's exactly what I was up for today." Connor says

Each hit is weak compared to how it used to be. Every year my anger increases and every year he
gets stronger, which makes me stronger.

After kicking and punching me with all they had, I was on the ground laying there motionless. Waiting for them to leave. I was angry, but I had to control him. Right before they left Connor turned to me.

"Poor Mason gonna go cry to your mommy? Oh wait shes dead!" He laughed as he walked away.

I snapped...and so did he.

After 2 steps that Connor took, his jacket burst to flames.

I could see the blue fire at the tips of my fingers. If I were to guess, the tips of my hair had them too.

Connor screamed running around like he was trying to run away from the fire. I chuckled, he was as stupid as to not think of taking his jacket off. After 5 minutes of running around Connor finally had the thought to take his jacket off. What he didn't notice was that right before he took off his jacket, his shirt had set on fire.

The whole time this was happening I stood chuckling. Watching him provided me with enough humor for my flames to go out and for me to enjoy the show.

After having taken off his shirt, Connor finally thought about what just happened.

"Who the hell set me on fire?"

Connor looked at his boys. Both boys were chuckling as Connor looked at them furiously.

Before I could be accused, I took off.

"That was a close one", I was breathing heavily. As you can tell, I'm not that athletic.

The rest of the day went pretty well ( apart from me getting beat up and me bursting into flames along with setting Connor on fire). My classes went by fast, plus I didn't have anymore encounters with those three. Although I did here that Ethan got beat up by Connor, since Connor blamed him for setting him on fire.

I just hope nobody finds out what I can do. Or what he can do.