Finally noticed

The next day I didn't see Connor and his goons anywhere. I was walking through the hall when I heard a bunch of guys repeatedly saying the word "hot" in hushed whispers, meanwhile the girls are gathered in their groups gossiping with glares on all their faces.

Usually when this happens I just ignore it and get to class, but today there was something off. I felt like something big was coming. I just don't know what it is, or if it's a good thing.

By 4th period people were still whispering in all corners of the school. Me being the loner I am, I still don't know what they're talking about. I'm not surprised either, I usually don't figure out who goes out with who until they breakup.

At lunch, curiosity finally got the best of me, so the whole time I was sitting at my table trying really hard to hear the girls, two tables over, gossiping with the same glares they've had on their faces all day.

"What's so interesting about her anyway?!" a whiny voice exclaimed.

"People say she came from Italy" a snotty voice said.

"I heard she came from France" said another snotty voice.

"I don't get why she had to transfer here couldn't she have gone somewhere better. Like Japan or something?"

Oh, so that's what they're going off about. There's a transfer student, a girl.

After awhile of continuous blabbering things get very annoying. The blabbering started 7 hours ago and got annoying 2 hours ago. That's only because I just figured it out 2 hours ago. The entire day I didn't get a glance of the new girl.

The final bell rang. I tried to get out of my home base but since I'm invisible to the world I got pushed and shoved for 15 minutes before I was finally able to have enough space to walk to my locker. I got to my locker and put my things away.

"This sucks" I sigh

"What sucks?"

I jumped in surprise, I haven't heard someone address me directly in over 4 years.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked the girl. The girl had big brown eyes, long silky dark brown hair and looked to be about 5 ft. 4 in.

"Who else would I be talking to?" She said.

I looked around trying to see if anybody else was behind or anywhere near me. After I looked around I saw that there was nobody in the hallway but me and the girl.

"So what sucks?" she asked

"My life" I whispered so that only the with the help of his hearing I was the only one able to hear it. After I said that though I thought I heard a slight chuckle, but it was probably my imagination.

"Nothing" I finally answered.

"Well it's nice to meet you...?"

"It's mason" I said.

"Ok, well it was nice meeting you mason, but I gotta get going."

"Ok" I said as she walked away towards the front of the school.

"Wait!" I called out to her, she was right at the front doors of the school.

"I didn't get your name!" I said

"It's Rose Larsen, bye Mason!" She exclaimed as she left the building.

In all my years of high school I've been invisible. It feels good to finally be noticed. Even if it was by someone who doesn't know who I am or what has happened for people to treat me like I'm invisible.

Authors note: I know it's suckish, but please bear with me, this is my first story.
Thank you for reading!