Chapter 1: He could see me.

I could feel my heart hammering on my chest, and my palms getting sweaty. The last time this happened to me, it was when he sprained his ankle during a concert. We angels like to call it 'halo feeling' as opposed to the 'gut feeling' humans feel from time to time. I looked around. Justin can't afford to be in danger right now. He's been waiting for this moment for as long as I can remember, and I felt how excited and hyped he was about it.

And then the hairs on my nape stood up on what I saw: with my extravagant senses, surely I was the only one who could see that guy perfectly hidden in a corner, holding a gun (I don't particularly know what, I'm not that familiar with the scary thing), pointing directly at Justin. My heart beat faster, if that was even possible.

No, no, this is not supposed to happen. I have to take care of him. I have to keep him safe. But what could I do? There's nothing I could do... except...

My eyes flashed with the thought. Yes, it's the only way.

I have to materialize - fast.

I looked around. I took advantage of the one millisecond that nobody was looking at me, and willed myself to be seen, heard, touched, smelled, felt... and be hurt. I couldn't see the gunman anymore, but I could still feel it... the danger... and I only have very few moments to save Justin.

I pushed the curtains aside and started running towards the stage. The back-up dancers were stunned, and the fact that I came from backstage baffled them. They stopped dancing, but kept staring at me, their eyes sensing panic. Justin turned around and stopped singing. His eyes locked with mine.

I gasped. He was looking at me.

He could see me.

My human heart hammered as fast as it could go - and I saw a frown build up on his forehead just as I reached him. I wrapped my arms around him, my back facing the audience, and everything stopped right at that moment.

I heard the gasps of the audience, I saw a big, bulky man come out from the curtains and come running towards us, his eyes fixated on me...

And, for the very first time, after hugging him a countless times for years, I believe Justin could actually feel my arms around him. I could feel his heart beating fast against my chest, and I could see him looking at me, straight into my eyes. I witnessed him be able to feel me, to see me. He opened his mouth, but a jolt suddenly occurred on his body, and his eyes widened in shock. I frowned, confused. And that's when I felt it.

The blinding, searing pain on my back.At first I saw nothing but white, blinding white, as bright as the sun. Then I got my vision back, but it was all so blurry, and my knees buckled.

Screams erupted from the audience, even onstage. The bouncer stopped mid-track when he heard the shot. He whipped around and started barking orders on the others.

My breath rasped as I slowly sunk to the ground, and Justin reached out to hold me by my shoulders. He opened his mouth again to say something, but I collapsed on his chest right at that moment. My back throbbed, like it was being shot again and again. I held on to something - it was probably Justin's shirt.

I felt his hand trace my back, which he also withdrew in no more than a second. I saw from the corner of my eye his face turn to horror as he looked at his hand - full of thick, crimson liquid, dripping on the floor. He looked back at me and sat me up slightly, so my head drooped just against his shoulder.

"Hey. Hey," He whispered as his hand touched the side of my face, trembling in panic as he pushed the hair out of my eyes.

I started to find it hard to breathe. Black spots started appearing on my vision.

"Don't close your eyes," He ordered me, and I tried hard, but still I failed. He said something I didn't quite catch, just as the beating of his heart start to pull me into darkness.

 _______________________

A/N: I know this is short, sorry! But this is just the first chapter so it is quite intended to be short. And I know that things happened pretty fast, but that is how I deal with my stories when they are just starting off. Treat this chapter as a... trailer or something. I hope to upload the next chapter soon! 

The beautiful poster on the cover is by Jill Battaglia. You can buy it here - http://fineartamerica.com/products/sad-angel-woman-jill-battaglia-poster.html

I would also like to say that this story is in justinbieberfanfiction.com too and my penname there is aimersablaze, so don't worry if you see this story there! :) 

Please do comment what you think. x