The In-between

The pain came again- or rather, it never stopped coming. In just a few seconds, I  couldn't see wherever we had been, just a blinding white flash. Then nothing. Just the white. I was flying, or something. I swung my hips around trying to move, and sent myself spinning out to a corner of the room. Trying once again, I twisted my body slowly and turned myself around. Matthias, Raven, and Megan were all having the same problem. In a moment we were all facing each other. 

"Where are we?" I asked. Raven shrugged. I noticed vaguely that her hair looked shorter than normal. 

"Raven, did you cut your hair yesterday?" I inquired and Matthias rolled his eyes at our 'feminine worries'. 

"No." She said, the movement of her whole body shake sending her spinning into Megan, who knocked into Matthias. His face was purple as he spun out of control. When they had gained it, being control, again, Megan replied. 

"Really? It looks shorter, just like a trim."

"Guys, just because Jules got a haircut doesn't mean we all did." Matthias said, trying to get the subject off hair.

"I didn't get a hair cut!" I said. Megan, who still hadn't quite figured out the who floating thing yet, spoke once she stopped spinning for a moment.

"He's right, your hair's to your shoulders." She agreed. My hands flew to my hair and I realized they were right. My mind whirled. 

"My hair takes so long to grow!" I said. "It can't be only to here!" Raven's hair was shorter too, except Meggy's was growing. 

"What's happening?" Meggy shrieked. When she opened her mouth I realized that she had a small gap in between her teeth. But that couldn't be, her last baby tooth had fallen out in fifth grade, she had had all of her teeth just a second ago.

"I don' know." I said. 

"Your guysis hair getting shorter. Bucept Megan, her's is getting longer!" The boy said. 

"You guys getting little!" Meggy said. 

"Her is too!" The boy said, pointing to Raven.

 In some small corner of my mind, I'm sure I was thinking like a seventh grader, wondering why I was thinking of Megan as Meggy and why I wasn't quite sure who Mathias was, but maybe not. I sure couldn't find that piece in the white room.