Back. No, I Mean WAYYYY Over There

Now, we were out of the room. Or, I thought I was. I was standing in my room, but way different. My white bed with pink sheets was sitting in the corner. Everything was silent. I walked over to the desk, and unconsciously started doodling r's finding it harder than I thought with my small, sloppy hand.

Why isn this woking? I could do it when I was a bigger grader. I thought. Why am I smaw anyways? It doesn' make sense! I was big one time, then yittye-wittwe- UGH! tiny the next.

My mommy came in then, so I stopped writing r and looked at her.

"Jules- I've been talking with your teacher, and she says that there's a class that helps kids who have a hard time saying their r's and such..." She said. I shook my head.

"I'w twy hawdew!"

"I'll try harder." My mommy corrected. I nodded.

"Bucept, I can't be in the cwass!"

"Bucept is not a word." Mommy said. "And it's cLass." I pouted.

"Come on." She said. "You're going to be late for school." I followed her to the door. The bus was driving up the hill. As I ran after it, I was yelling back at my mom.

"I'm good at witing! I have thwee stowies in cwass! And I have an A in math!" I caught up with the bus quick enough.

I sat by Meggy and Raven.

"Hey." Raven said. Meggy smiled. I forgot all about the cwass that mommy wanted me to be in when I wemembewed my dream from last night. That's wierd... I wasn' smaw last night, but I wemembew my dweam anyways.

"Hey, guys, I had a dweam last night." My companions (big wowd!) fell silent.

"A big bug flew into Meggy's ear." I joked, we all laughed, even Meggy, who covered her ears as well. Sure enough, befowe we goed into the school, a bug flew in her ear when she let go to grab the bus handles. Raven and I laughed.

When I tried to tell Meggy and Raven that I wemembewed the dweam, even though we weren't wittle, I couldn't. All that came out was, "You guys wanna race?" They said yes and I beat them to the doow. Then I heawd a voice inside my head.

"Uh oh, there has been a change in plans. We've done something horrific. I suppose I should've trained you a bit more before I changed your age. We're extracting you from the past. Get ready." I didn't undewstand any of that, so the wipping pain was a suwpwise.

Then I was fawing.