Chapter 2: The Art of Letting Go

Lumipas ang ilang buwan at hindi na nakatiis si Dawn, kaya nakipag hiwalay na siya kay Richard.

Hindi ito naging madali para sa dalaga, mahal na mahal niya ito. Nahanap niya ang tunay na kaligayahan kay Richard. Tunay na pagmamahal.

Masakit, pero ginawa niya.

"Napapagod din ang puso" bulong niya sa sarili.

Pinalampas ni Dawn ang mga ginawa ni Richard sa kanya.

Pero nang dahil sa isang babae, sumuko na si Dawn.

-------

Sharmaine, a good friend (and a co-actress) of Dawn, invited her for a dinner. It was indeed a Thanksgiving party for the success of their recent movie, Saan Ka Man Naroroon. Of course, Richard and the other actors were there too.

The venue was great, the place was almost surrounded by disco lights. People greeting and complimenting each other's outfits. Most of the girls were dancing, guys drinking. Guests congratulating the directors, casts and crews for another hit movie (of Richard and Dawn).

Everyone seemed to be happy.

Well, except for Richard and Dawn.

They just had a terrible fight, it was both sides' fault. But mostly his.

While the girls were busy dancing, and while Dawn was not looking at his side, he took the chance to go outside to meet someone "important".

Little did he know, Dawn already knew his tactics. She pretended not to look at his direction, and when he started to walk away, she quietly followed him.

There, she saw Richard with Lucy.

LUCY. A beautiful young woman (but nothing compared to her), friend of both Richard & Dawn. Not just that, she was their "kabarkada".

"Richard. Baka naman makita tayo ni Dawn dito." Lucy was looking everywhere, hoping not to see her.

"Wag ka mag alala, nandun siya sa loob. Hindi niya tayo makikita rito."

*silence*

"So paano? Sa condo ko?" Richard smiled naughtily.

Lucy didn't respond and they abruptly went inside his car, making their way to his condo unit.

She, also, was on her way there.

When she got there, she saw the same old scene. Him having fun entering to someone, but this time, it was not just 'someone', it was Lucy. A friend of her's.

"A friend." she thought.

But it was a little too late when Richard saw Dawn, who was already wiping her tears, trying her best to run as fast as she could so that he couldn't chase her.

*****

He went home at their apartment that night, only to find Dawn closing her luggage.

"Saan ka pupunta?!"

"Kung saan wala ka." she said with no emotions, trying to hold her tears.

"Dawn...."

"Ayoko na Richard. I think it's better off this way."

He hugged her so tight from behind, as if she will be gone forever. He was not ready to let go.

"Dawn... I'm sorry. Pero 'wag mo naman akong iwan, please?"

"Una, hindi ka naniwala sakin. Mas pinaniwalaan mo pa yang kaibigan mo. Tapos ngayon, you're cheating on me. Akala mo ba hindi ko alam? Na si Lucy ay isa lang sa mga babaeng sinidline mo."

She was getting worse, fighting the urge not to slap him on his face. She couldn't help but just cry in front of him.

He, on the other side, was shocked on what he just heard. He couldn't believe Dawn knew it all along, but didn't even bother to leave him right away the first time she saw him making love with another woman. He realized she was too good for him. And finally admitted to himself that it was all his fault.

"Look. I'm really sorry. Isang pagkakataon lang, love please. One more chance and I swear I will make it up to you."

Now, he was also in tears. Which was really rare for a guy like Richard Gomez.

"I gave you soooo many chances, Richard, kung alam mo lang! Hindi ko na kaya. Masakit, pero itigil na natin to. Pagod na ako."

He was speechless. His arms still on hers.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?" Richard, who was sobbing, asked her one of the hardest questions she could ever answer.

"I love you, Richard. But THIS wont work anymore."

She let go of his embrace and walked away. He would chase her, but he thought it would be much harder for her, so he did nothing but to watch her walk away.

-------