Chapter Thirty-Nine -One Step Closer

(A/N): I need your help with my new story. If you have any ideas of how you would like the main female character to look like or her name, comment below! Plus, who should be the main male character (I'd like to move from One Direction-maybe Luke Hemmings from 5SOS ?) I'm not sure, really but anyway, here's the summary.NEW STORY Summary:"No feelings attached, just sex." he told me, yet I knew that I had already fallen for him."Guilty."_________________was my partner in crime. I will never forget the day he saved me from going to prison(jail). We were never a typical couple, in fact, we weren't a couple at all. It was all an act or, all that it seemed. He called me his 'girlfriend' and I called him my 'boyfriend', until now.

To him I was just another girl that liked him, wanted him, desired to be his. He liked that. He liked to be in control, the centre of attention, but never told what to do.

And now, he will be gone, in prison for 5 years. A lot can happen in 5 years; you can move houses, towns, countries, find a new lover, build a new life, people change.But now, he's back and hungry for revenge.

"You can run but you can't hide. I will always find you." An AU story

N I A L L

I wished that I knew what she was thinking. I wished that I knew how she truly felt. I knew that the relationship between them was a rocky one putting it lightly, but, I knew that they cared for each other. No matter how much they denied it, I always knew the truth behind their eyes. But, now, I can't. I can't read her eyes. Soon, it will be another day, another month, another year and it won't leave my head. The events that occurred keep on re-appearing every time that I closed my eyes, I now knew how Harry felt. Soon, she will receive her final letter.

"Serena! Niall!" Simon greeted us as we stepped inside his property, embracing us in a hug. "Hi Dad," she sighed as I placed our suitcases, took my shoes and jacket off. I small talked with Simon and she took her boots and coat off. "Is she holding up okay?" he questioned me. I glanced back at her as she took her scarf off, before answering. "Not so good," I informed him as he guided me further into his mansion. "I hope you're treating her well," Simon said as he closed the door behind me. We were in his office, the fire in the chimney lit as the flames pranced a sight, magnificent yet, terrifying. His office displayed every of achievement in his life. He sat down. "It's been...different than usual but I'm doing all that I can," I told him, briefly.

S E R E N A

I roamed around the gigantic mansion in search of Niall, his voice lead me towards the back and into my father's office. "I have no other choice but to announce Harry's death after Christmas to the public. As devastating as it is for me to say, I cannot ignore the fact that without Zayn and now, Harry, the band will split," I heard him say, a stern look on his face as Niall nodded weakly. In his eyes, I reflected a look of resentment, it was as if he knew this all along. "Niall," he continued. "I want you to promise me that you will look after Serena if or when I will die." Niall was caught off guard and it was visible to me that he didn't want to engage with such commitment. He was afraid. I was afraid. Harry's death had a major impact of my view on everyday life. No longer did I view the sun and moon as carelessly as I did before now, I couldn't resist the urge to compare the sun and the moon to me and Harry. I was trapped in a world of imprisonment, a caged bird forbidden to spread their wings. "But-"Niall began, lost for any more words. "For now, let's enjoy these last couple of days that we have left of this year." Simon rose up, leading Niall out just as I pretended to look out the window. "Serena," Niall called my name, surprised or perhaps, perplexed. I didn't reply. "Did you, did you hear what we were talking about?" he came closer, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'm hungry, let's eat." I replied, slipping away from his reach.

It was nearly one in the afternoon, we exchanged presents as if nothing ever happened; as if Harry's death was an allusion, as if it never happened. I soon realised, that in all of this hurricane of a mess, I had completely forgotten about any presents, but would you blame me? The Christmas tree, astoundingly decorated without a doubt by the staff, beamed proudly in its golden glory with hints of  violet and blue tinges. I reached for a present underneath the tree; a rectangular one wrapped scruffily in layer of silver wrapping paper. I smiled as I read over the piece of paper attached to it. Sorry for my brilliant wrapping skills! I promise I'll get better. Niall xxx

Inside, laid a beautiful golden locket, our initials etched on either sides of a black and white butterfly which reminded me of Harry's tattoo on his chest. A single tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away, I didn't want to cry anymore. As Niall shifted towards me, embracing me into a hug, I opened the locket to view a folded letter.

Serena,

I wish I could continue writing more letters. But I've got a bad feeling about today. I don't know why. So please, forgive me if I acted a little strange lately. I just want to feel the taste of your lips against mine one more time. I hope you forgive me.
I have to hurry, you're going to wake up soon and who else will look after you and your broken leg, if not me? You were always clumsy, I guess some things never change, like how I feel about you.I hope that some day you'll forgive me and move on whether it is with Niall or someone else, I wish you all the best. You will always belong in my heart, remember that.

Love, Harry xxx

_________________________________<3

(A/N):  I know it took me a long time to finally upload this chapter but hopefully it wasn't too bad aha.

Anyways, I'd just like to inform you that there will only be one more chapter of this story. I won't continue with any sequels, I know I've said that I would have but I'd just really like to start a new story. When I write one story, I can't write another because it completely messes with my brain aha plus, I always get ideas randomly.

I hope you enjoyed this story and that my next one will be even better since I have improved massively since I first started writing this story when I was 14(I'm 16 now).