CHAPTER 1:OCEAN SCENT

Everything is perfect. The place is quiet and very bright. He is sitting in his favorite chair, reading his book of the day. A Johnny Grisham book, The Testament while wearing his favorite glasses facing a cup of coffee. It is peaceful and really nice and quiet.

Until...

"Yung ibang grupo ng VIP parating sila!" one of the girls shouted. At sumunod na dun ang walang hanggang tilian ng mga kapwa niya estudyante.

Naisara na lang niya ang librong binabasa at napahilot sa noo. Even though it is not everyday, he still hates it when his friends bring their vanity inside the library. Mga ilang sandali lang ay narinig na niya ang mga yapak ng mga ito paakyat sa private library nilang lima complete with sala and a coffee table.

Napatingin na lang siya sa mga kaibigan na puno ng yamot sa mukha.

The playful, Josh. The playboy and his twin, Mateo, the ever serious and snobbish red-head Sandy and the mysterious leader Inaki are there in front of him. "Great! Just great! They are all here" napaisip na lang niya at napabuntong-hininga.

"What's with the face? Aren't you happy to see us, Theo?" Sandy asked while holding a book that he picked up on one of the shelves.

"If it was you and Inaki, it's OK. Pero hindi tong dalawang 'to." Sabay turo kay Mateo at Josh. "What do you want now? Why gather up here?" nasira na talaga ang mood niyang magbasa.

"Let's go to a concert. I have the VIP tickets." Sabi ni Josh. "Or you will again deny an invitation because you prefer an orchestra, and watching ballet performances more? The four of us will be coming."

Napabuntong hininga na lang siya sa sinabi ni Josh. "Sandy, maski ba naman ikaw? Don't you have a photo shoot to finish first?"

Tumingin ito sa kanya, at umiling. "We are done for this week" maikli pa nitong sagot sa kanya.

"Inaki?" tanong niya habang nakatingin dito na wari'y humihiling ng saklolo.

"Little loud and fun will be nice." Sabi nito na ikinayuko niya.

The red-head and the mysterious just failed him. He felt a little bit betrayed.

"Hey, bro, it's not that bad, I've seen them perform and they are very good. Hindi man sila national known bands, still many teens know them." Kumbinsi pa sa kanya ni Mateo.

"Just make sure that all the Golden tickets are bought, ayoko ng ibang taong sisigaw sa tabi ko habang nanonood." Wala na siyang magawa. Hindi siya titigilan ni Josh at ni Mateo pag hindi pa siya pumayag. "Kelan ba yan?"

"Tomorrow. Mateo knows the details so, see you there."

They are all nineteen, they are in Grade 12 secondary students and need to finish up to Grade 14 to go to college, and he can't wait for that to happen. they are all together for so long at nagsasawa na siya sa mga kakulitan ng mga ito, except for Sandy na ngayon lang nila naka-close. They have different personalities but still something is bonding them tightly that he doesn't know what at yun yung nagiging dahilan kung bakit siya napapasubo sa mga gusto ng mga kaibigan.

Napabuntong -hininga na lang siya. Mayroon ng mga kalahating oras na nakakaalis ang mga kaibigan niya. He took of his glasses, massage his forehead. Tumayo siya sa pagkakaupo at lumipat ng sofa at duon humiga. Ayaw niyang pumasok ng klase, he will just say he had a migraine attack as an excuse.

Everything is quiet, the breeze is cool touching his cheeks and he felt really comfortable on that big sofa, it's peaceful again. He is catching his sleep when suddenly a certain scent caught his attention. It's definitely not a floral scent. It's more like the ocean, smells like the beach during the night, nice and soothing. Napatayo siya bigla at sumilip sa library para sa mga estudyante na nasa baba lang ng private library nila. Hinanap niya ang amoy na iyon and his gaze turned to this girl sitting her back facing him. She has this short hair wearing a black shirt, with skinny jeans and she has these headphones in her ears.