I

It was almost 2am, you stormed out of your boyfriends apartment after a very verbal and physical heated fight. You never thought in the whole time you've been together he'd try to hurt you like he did but you never get know peoples true intentions until you've gotten closer. You walked down the streets of Shibuya alone barefoot, heel straps looped in your fingers and a duffle bag across your shoulder full of any clothes that were in reach. You tried your best to watch out for any broken glass or garbage on the sidewalk, stepping over the occasional bottle shards. The strong winds whipped against your skin tossing your shoulder length caramel brown hair all over your face. Slipping your phone from your trench coat pocket you messaged anyone who'd answer at a time like this begging and pleeding for a place to stay for the night. No answer from any of them. You kept strong and made your way to a coffee shop with a table and some chairs sat outside. You trudged up to one of the chairs collapsing down into it with a loud huff. You dusted off the bottoms of your feet looking in your normal bag for the pair of flats you would stash in there just incase, throwing the heels into the bag. You slipped the flats onto your aching feet and you leaned back in your chair trying to muster up the courage to not cry right then and there. You really love him......and you knew he loved you but your trust has been broken one too many times.

Minutes passed and you saw someone exit the coffee shop, locking the door behind them and they were backing up they tripped over the leg of the tabel you were at and they fell to the floor, hitting there back on the edge as the hit the ground. You looked over and sat up instantly to help this stranger up. As you knelt down you both met face to face and a warm smile appeared on their face. You recogized them to be an old friend, named JoJo. He was sort of an oddball. Always one of those loners who would seperate themselves from others. You've had a few brief conversations with him before. Once he stood up you got the full exposer to his height. He stood 3 or 4 inches taller than you, milky white clear skin, shaggy teased black and blue hair. He looked to have gotten quite good looking the last time you two saw eachother.

JoJo:" O-oh its just you Kiyomi, you scared the hell out of me. What are you doing out this late? Its almost.....well it is 2am."

You:" It's nothing, i just had a fight with my boyfriend. Just needed to out of there for awhile. I didn't mean to scare you i'm sorry. Im just waiting for someone to text me back, i need somewhere to stay for the next day or two until things start to settle down."

JoJo:" Oh well how about you come back with me to my house for some tea and to relax? Im sure you are freezing and you look pretty stressed."

You:" Well uhm......i guess it would kill me to just stay for a few minutes, sure. Thank you, thats a very kind gesture to offer to someone you barely know."

JoJo:" Well i know you enough hm, Kiyomi? Come on, i'll get your things."

Without any option to protest JoJo scoops up your things and takes your hand in his, his fingers over lapping yours just showing how big his hands were. You both walked silently for about 5 minutes until you arrived at his home. You both walked up the steps and he unlocked the door, motioning form behind you to step inside. Following behind you you both kick off your shoes and line them up and the steps into his living room. He gently shuts the door behind him. He rests his hand on the small of your back and escorted you through his home, it was quite large but filled with all kinds of little trinkets and art work. He placed your things onto the nearby arm chair. You slid off your jacket, throwing it ontop of your bag. He walked back into the connecting kitchen and switched on one of the burners, and he filled up a kettle and set it on the hot plate.

Your eyes began to wander scanning your surroundings, his home was very neat and well organized. Bookshelves lined one whole wall in front of you. His living room alone look like the study of a wizard. Lots of weird ritual things like runes and spices, jarred things that look like they belong in a movie as well as movie memrabilia. It did all feel very homey, the colors and vibrancy of this room alone filled you with a sense of happiness. While you were day dreaming, JoJo approached you with a small tray holding two tea cups. Setting it down on the coffee table he politely handed one to you. You both sat there in a few minutes of awkward silence until JoJo sprung up and set his cup down disappearing down the hallway only to return with a large throw blanket. He walked over and draped it over your shoulders wanting to make sure you were comfortable. Once he felt satisfied he sat down with his legs under his bum and laughed uncomfortably.

JoJo:" S-sorry you just looked really cold. I could clearly see the goosebumps on your skin and i felt a little bad. I hope you are comfortable. Also how is the tea? Is it alright? Would you like me fix it if you dont like it? Just tell me, I want to make sure you are happy."

JoJo's endless ramblings were undeniably cute and his worry for you was so sweet. You shoke your head, signaling to him you were enjoying your drink very much, and JoJo couldnt help but smile with glee as he saw your plump cheeks and nose turned red from the steam rising up and hitting your face.