Prologue

It was a hot summer day, the sun was shining, a good weather to start my daily chores. ( my mom insist on giving me chores for my exercise, since I always complain that it's boring, even when there's classes it's still boring, I am homeschooled so I don't have much friends, not even true ones.)

Ok short intro of me. My name is Elizabeth Raymundo, but I'm usually called Liza.(Other things shall be revealed as you read)

I was sweeping the floor at the kitchen when I heard a knocking at the door. "Mom, the buyer has arrived" I voice mailed her, since I doubt mom would hear anything, she was in her room. She was expecting this guest to buy this iPhone 6 since she doesn't use it anymore. "Coming dear" mom replied.

Mom came out of the room newly bathed, her towel still on her head, wearing a simple dress.

She opened the door and what I saw terrified me, and one thing I knew-He was not the one my mother was expecting. My mother's terrified expression was enough to tell me to scram.

I caught a glimpse of the man. He was wearing a black outfit you usually see when you watch assassination(pretty silly, but since it's in real life, it really scared me)using a black handkerchief to mask him self. He held a gun-oh God, good thing I wasn't on his field of vision. My mom given me rules and part of it includes getting as far as you can from a gun. I was running when I heard a gunshot"bang", adrenaline flowed through my veins. Exhaustion took over me then I stopped, gasping for breath.

"bang."Another gunshot, I looked back, and heard a loud frightened scream. I tried to be optimistic but it all cane to one conclusion. My mother was dead. I couldn't bear the pain. It was like holding the weight of the sky. My chest hurts so bad. I was running when I heard another gunshot from our room, my dad was there. Oh no, daddy was shot, too. A terrible feeling slowly eating my hope. A feeling of despair, sadness, and loss-I wanted to kill myself. I ran, tears emerging from my hazel eyes, yes it hurts but being alive is my priority right now.

Now who would take care of me? Who would love me? I was just a kid, no money, no food, because our apartment was stolen from and I will be unable to pay rent. I will be alone.