MATSUMOTO JUN

Name : Jun
Family Name : Matsumoto
Nicknames: Matsujun, Junji, King [by all Arashi], Jun~Chan, Matsumoto~kun, Do-S
Profession: Actor, singer
Birthdate: 1983-Aug-30
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 173cm

Matsumoto was born in Toshima, Tokyo, as the youngest child in his family. He has an older sister whose support of KinKi Kids influenced his decision to join Johnny & Associates in 1996. Thinking it might bode good luck, he sent his application to the agency on his elementary school graduation day and received a phone call weeks later from president Johnny Kitagawa himself, inviting him to attend a rehearsal instead of being auditioned. Due to this, Matsumoto is frequently referred to as one of the elite within the agency.Matsumoto graduated from Horikoshi Gakuen, a renowned high school known for its many performing arts alumnae suchas Kyoko Fukadaand Ai Kato, in March 2002 at the age of18.
* He played baseball in grade school.
* He can't do a back flip (all Johnny's boys are suppose to be able to).
* He admits he's neurotic - he likes to clean and can't stand anything messy or dirty.
* He's very honest and has a sharp tongue.
* He can get very emotional.
* Watching emotional movies makes him cry sometimes. But he doesn't like people to see him cry.
* He's the first Japanese celebrity to appear on the cover of Marie Claire magazine (all the other guys who've graced the cover in its 24-year history were all from other countries).
* Oguri Shun and Narimiya Hiroki are his good friends.
* He has pet turtles (5 of them). They were given by Nino (Arashi bandmate) on his 17th birthday and he still hasn't named them. He gave one back to him on Nino's 21th birthday.
* He accidentally kissed Nino at a concert (23/July/2006), but Nino meant to do it.
* Earned the nickname Do-S Banchou (S stands for Sadist).
* He is near-sighted. He usually wears contact lenses for work, but other times he wears glasses.
* Had buckteeth when he was younger.
* Chief attractions in girls are eyes and hair.
* He gets really shy when it comes to expressing his feelings to girls.
* Sho (another Arashi bandmate) was once his private tutor.
* A choreographer once made him cry.
* He isn't known to be punctual.
* He used to idolise Sho when he was younger.