The Big Brute

A massive double sided axe swings infront of my face. I lean back, only just missing its razor sharp blades. "What the!" I shout as I clamber backwards over the bench. One minutes there is an orb and the next minute I'm being attacked by some big thing? What an eventful birthday, you did well Aunt.

"Kill girl, Meredith's orders. Kill the girl." The brute mumbles this chant over and over as he staggers towards me. The ogre was about 10ft tall with arms that seemed an impossible size. One of those arms were kindly clenching onto the double sided axe that had greeted my face a few minutes before.

"N-n-nice umm, ogre? How about we have a chat and sit down?"Stumbling was something I did best when I was scared, more so when an ogre was involved. He grunts and puts one foot onto the bench, crushing it with his weight. I turn and run, in and out of the trees hoping he loses me, looking back every second. After awhile I can't hear his loud thumping footsteps. So I turn around, breath ragged, holding the box tightly to my chest. Slowly my eyes adjust to the darkness created by the forest. I can see the lights of the party from afar wondering if they have heard anything or have run out to find out whats going on. It doesn't look like it. Looking around I can see the large brute's body lying on the floor. But that wasn't the only thing I could see, there was a firgure on top of the brute with a long blade in its hands that went right through the smelly brute's chest, well thats what it looked like. Then they both disappear. 

"Boo." A sudden whisper comes from behind my ear. Instinctively I swing a punch into his chest. Thats what my Aunt always told me todo if I got scared. However, the figure slams into the tree behind him, leaving the tree to crack at the sudden force. I stare in shock at my strength. Surely that wasn't me?

"Friend or foe?" I add swiftly, trying to sound as strong as I apparently appeared to me.

"Friend." He coughs and stands up tall. I didn't even have to look at his face before I knew who it was. I just stared at him in shock.