F i f t h

"Shit"

"A word that pretty sums up this situation, don't move" She orders rather calmly for their current situation.

"And who put you in-" Merritt narrows her eyes and he shuts up. "Alright, Missy"

"Okay. We need to stay calm. Most of the cameras have sound system and movement system. Yes, they also record yet some only activate with movement" She starts thinking a way of getting them out of this mess while Armando watches her, feeling slightly stupid compared to the woman before him "As you said, is Christmas. So the security camera is probably reporting the robbery in some police officer's office."

"I don't find how that is helpful at all" The young adult states "So far, it's almost as if you are hinting that we should get this done and run"

"Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea" He gives her a disbelieving look and she huffs, looking to another part "Well, It's not like you gave us so many options" Armando's grey eyes hold a guilty look. Then she adds "As I already said, security cameras activate with movement. So if the inside of store stays pitch black, then we can destroy the camera/s without being seen"

"Then it would detect the movement. But we'll remain unnoticed" he nods, understanding. "It was my mistake so I'll go." With that, he climbs down and starts searching the room. Luckily, if the alarm was activated, it was silent. Merritt hears a noise similar to crystal breaking, two minutes later his now partner-in-crime comes out. "You couldn't be silent, could you?" She sights.

"You couldn't hold that retort, could you?" he mocks.

She bites her tongue before saying something else and gets inside the store too. They never turn the lights on, not wanting to risk getting caught in the act. His vision quickly gets familiarised with the darkness while her's not so much. They spent 10 minutes taking all kinds of gems, rings, earrings, bracelets. All stuff that seems to have a expensive prize.

Then, almost if it was scripted, both look in one direction they hadn't searched before. Right there, A diamond rests, a shining effect in it from the moon light. Or maybe that's what there eyes blindly, fancy. And right there, and right now, they both desire that diamond. As if it was the thing that would make their lives have sense. The thing that is worth living for. A pice of polished rock to wonder about.

Something that gives them a purpose. Because they are lost. And they would willingly take any path to find their way.

______________________
N/A: Was it good? Haha, the weird paragraph in the end about the diamond was way over dramatic. They just want the money XD

Thanks for the votes.

Comment, vote, share.