00

「       c a s t       」

Mila Kunis as Brooke Mitchell

Jesse Lee Soffer as Jay Halstead

the rest of the Chicago PD cast as themselves

After watching her mother get shot point blank by two cops at a young age, Brooke Mitchell had a hard time when it came to dealing with authority. The officers involved in the shooting walked free, facing no consequences from their in injustice. Brooke's entire world went downhill that day. Her mother had struggled to stay sober for years. It didn't help that her various junkie boyfriends had kept her from staying clean. It ultimately led to her demise. Following her mother's death, Brooke had to live with her father. He wasn't much better than the junkie boyfriends her mother always had around. At the age of eighteen, her father kicked her out, forcing her to fend for herself. It was hard at first but eventually she figured out how to survive on her own.

Years later when Brooke ends up in the crossfire between two rival gangs, Brooke not only becomes a survivor of the shooting but also a witness. Detective Jay Halstead of the Chicago Police Department's Intelligence Unit saves Brooke's life by administering first aid immediately following the shooting. Between interrogations and having to testify, Jay and Brooke's paths end up crossing quite frequently. Once they start getting to know each other, the unlikely duo discover they're more similar than they had originally thought. They're both pleasantly surprised about the fact they've begun enjoying one another's company. It leaves Brooke thinking that maybe cops weren't so bad after all.

「       p l a y l i s t      」

We Lied To Each Other by Olivia O'Brien
"So I lied when I said I don't care and you lied when you told me you did. We lied to each other and it isn't fair."

I Found by Amber Run
"I missed you more than I thought I would //I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

Latch by Sam Smith (acoustic)
" If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down. I'm latchin' on babe, now I know what I have found."

Tonight I Wanna Cry by Keith Urban
"I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show, and I thought that being strong meant never losing your self-control. But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain, to hell with my pride. Let it fall like rain from my eyes. Tonight I wanna cry."

Infinity by One Direction
"Oh baby I was there for you, all I ever wanted was the truth. How many nights have you wished someone would stay, lie awake, only hoping they're okay?"

Power Trip by J. Cole ft Miguel
"She got me up all night, constant drinking and love songs // Would you believe me if I said I'm in love? Baby, I want you to want me."

Like You'll Never See Me Again by Alicia Keys
"So every time you hold me, hold me like this is the last time. Every time you kiss me, kiss me like you'll never see me again. Every time you touch me, touch me like this is the last time. Promise that you'll love me, love me like you'll never see me again."

You Found Me by The Fray
"In the end, everyone ends up alone. Losing her, the only one who's ever known who I am, who I'm not and who I wanna be // Lost and insecure, you found me. You found me lying on the floor."

Moving Along by 5 Seconds Of Summer
"Is it wrong if I ask you to come over? Is it wrong if I tell you that I love ya? Even though I'd never do it when I'm sober."

Nobody Like You by Little Mix
"I'm screaming 'I don't want you' but you know that I do // You only see me when my guard is down and it's wrong, I hate that it's the truth but I only like myself when I'm with you."

Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
"Your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck. I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now. Kiss me like you wanna be loved."

Never Let Me Go by Florence + the Machine
"Though the pressure's hard to take, it's the only way I can escape. It seems a heavy choice to make."

Never Knew I Needed by Neyo
"I must admit you were not a part of my book, but now if you open it up and take a look you're the beginning and the end of every chapter. You're the best thing I never knew I needed."

Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga
"You found the light in me that I couldn't find. So when I'm all choked up but I can't find the words, every time we say goodbye baby it hurts. When the sun goes down, and the band won't play I'll always remember us this way."

a/n: it's finally republished!! you a real one if you remember the first version of this story 😂 It was published back in like 2014 or something like that but this version is new and improved!