01

Friday nights at the club Stilettos were always the busiest day of the week

Friday nights at the club Stilettos were always the busiest day of the week. That's why it was Brooke's favorite day to work. The amount of tips alone she collected at the end of the night was twice as much that she would make working an eight hour shift at a minimum wage job. Although she loved the money, she hated working at Stilettos. Years ago she was arrested and charged with assault. Having that on her record made it harder for her to get a decent job. Stilettos doesn't care about your background or what you do in your free time as long as you show up to work on time, don't cause problems, and get the job done. Brooke felt like Stilettos was her only option and once she got comfortable, she didn't want to leave.

Yet another thing she disliked about Stilettos was the crowd that frequents the bar. The club sat on gang territory so fights were a common occurrence there. The area was dominated by a gang called the Saints. Recently, their rival gang, the G Park Lords had been trying to stir up trouble. In order to cause tension and instigate fights, they've been showing up on the Saint's territory, like Stilettos. The two gangs typically fist fought which wasn't good, but Brooke was glad fist fighting was the only thing they were doing. A lot worse could happen. The G Park Lords were known for being ruthless. It made Brooke anxious never feeling that she was truly safe at work. All she could do was pray that things would change.

But in Brooke's world, prayers just aren't enough.

Brooke smiled at the customer in front of her as she handed them their drink. The customer thanked Brooke for the drink and walked off towards the dance floor. Brooke then grabbed a small towel and wiped down the bar top to make sure it looked nice and clean before the next customer approached her. Carter, one of her regulars, sat down on the bar stool directly in front of Brooke, a large grin plastered on his face as per usual.

"How's my favorite bartender doin' tonight?" Carter asked, leaning against the bar top. His eyes wandered over Brooke's chest, checking her out. Unfortunately, being a bartender at Stilettos meant you had a certain dress code and that dress code consisted of a revealing, tight cropped v-neck shirt with a pair of short shorts. It wasn't ideal, but sometimes it was the reason she got as many tips as she did so she couldn't really complain.

"Hi Carter," Brooke replied with a kind smile. Carter was a huge flirt but he was harmless even though he belonged to the Saints gang. He was a good kid, he just started hanging around the wrong people. Brooke looked after Carter whenever he was in the club and they even hung out a few times outside of the club. Despite Carter's wishes, the two of them were not and have never been anything more than friends. Carter had just turned twenty-two last week so he was too young for her, plus she saw him as more of a younger brother than anything romantic. This didn't stop Carter from constantly flirting with her, however. "What can I get for ya?"