Sweat It Out

❤️Alahn Pov.❤️

I'm still trying to wrap my mind over what just happened at lunch. He went from calling me a retard and ignoring my existence, to being flirty whilst making out with another girl- all in one day. It just goes to show how closely related the male species are to pigs. What the heck, Anthony is a pig. I Hurry out of the cafeteria, trying to get away from what happened there and leave him behind. It isn't going to work for long though because we have PE together now. I get to the gym and fling the doors to the girls locker room open. My heart is pounding so hard, and I don't know of it's from all the running, or fear of
What's going to happen when PE starts. I take off my sweatshirt and jeans, and slip into the gray t shirt, and black basketball shorts that every PE student gets. They make me feel so gross. Then I pull back my curls into a high ponytail, sadly a few curls still bounce out and settle by my cheeks. I just sigh and poke them. By the time I'm dressed and all ready to go, all the other girls have just started putting on their uniforms. The next 10 minutes I nervously pace around, the fear gnawing at my stomach. I'm so dreading this. Then the PE bell rings and all the girls file out into the gym. I wish I was invisible. I sit in my assigned PE spot, and a few seconds later, the boys start to emerge from their locker room. Then I catch sight of Anthony. He immediately sees me, and sneakily smiles my direction, I just look away. He's starting to annoy me the more I interact with him. At least his PE spot is far away from mine. Then Mr. Ceder walks up and blows his gym whistle.
"Everyone stand! Today we are having an intense exercise day! Boys in one line, girls in the other!" He blows his whistle again, and everyone hurries to get to their spots. You don't want to make Mr. Ceder mad- bad things will happen to you. I glance over my shoulder, I just am to curious and I have to take a peek at Anthony. He's looking at me. Crap. I just avert my eyes and hope he didn't notice.
"I'm now going to assign you groups of four."You can practically hear everyone groan on the inside. I hate it, because it's always if you don't know the people.
"Abreah Adams, Chloe Harnell, Finn Weaver, and Weston Dillis. " Chloe and Abreah are friends so they should be fine.
"Fauna Celle, Roxy Morris, Landon Brown, and Dixton Cliffe."
Oooooh tough break for Roxy and Dixton- they used to date.
"Alahn Evans, Harper Tinkle, Seth Hamilton, and Anthony McQueen." Suddenly my heart constricts in my chest, and blood rushes into my ears. Did he just....? No. No, no, no, no, he couldn't have. He wouldn't! I can't be in a group with him?!? I slowly tilt my head towards Anthony, he's walking my way, grinning like the devil he is. I feel like the universe is suddenly throwing us together. I just don't know why.

💀 Anthony Pov. 💀

I tried to follow my neighbor but she runs like it's the apocalypse or something. I'm so angry and confused, I have no idea why I'm chasing after this girl. She's pretty sure, but I'm starting to throw away the head cheerleader for someone like her, why?  I don't know. Now I'm standing in the line, waiting to see what stupid group I'm going to be put in, but I can't stop looking at her. I don't even hardly hear what the teacher is saying...
"Alahn Evans, Harper tinkle, Seth Hamilton, and Anthony McQueen."
I snap into focus once I hear my name, Alahn Evans.... that sounds really familiar... I think that's .... My neighbor! I remember now!!!! As if she can hear my thoughts her head whips towards mine, and she has so many emotions mixed on her face- fear, anger, disgust, surprise. This is gonna be so fun.

❤️Alahn Pov.❤️

I'm gonna die, I'm so gonna die. He's still walking towards me, and so are the other group members. I'm. Gonna. Die. My hearts beating so fast, but I remember what my dad always used to say...
"Alahn, you must always have courage, never show fear in a fight, your opponent will always lose as long as you show confidence, and keep your emotions secret."
Thanks dad. I just stare at Anthony with a level gaze, and he looks back with mischief in his eyes.
"Okay guys! First partner sit ups!" Then he blows his whistle, are signal to begin, we only have 3 minutes to do as many as possible until the music stops playing. I open my mouth to get Harpers attention, but it's too late- her and Seth are already working together. They are looking at each other with a flirty look in their eyes. Crap, they like each other. I know what that means.
"Hey..." I hear a familiar voice say behind me.
"Looks like we're partners." I spin on my heels and look up to see Anthony. He's grinning at me.
I just roll my eyes.
"Duh." And I take a seat on the ground, putting my legs up.
"You know, this is a really flattering position for you." He says as I begin doing sit ups.
"Shut up Anthony."
"Hey, if I'm not mistaken, you shoved me into a locker today, I deserve some kind of apology."
"People like you don't deserve apologies, your not even a human being."
"Ouch. That stings." He glares at me, I've gotten under his skin.
"Good." I smile up at him, baring my teeth. The whistle blows and we switch. I take hold of his ankles, they are tan and sorta hairy. Gross. I wrinkle my nose at them and turn my eyes to something else- they just happen to drift to his stomach. His chest expands as he sits up, and his shirt strains against his muscles. When he sits down, his shirt drifts up, and I see a part of his toned tattooed stomach.
"Like what you see?" He whispers out of breath. I flush crimson, and think of a smooth reply.
"Why would I? There's nothing there to see."
He was grinning, but I can see it falter quick into a frown, he makes sure he doesn't show It though.
"I'm sure. That's why you were staring for so long.
"Yeah, all that flab just really gets to me."
"I'm not flabby!"
"Yes,you are."
He sits up and grabs my hand, making me jump back. He lifts up his shirt, and runs my hand up along his stomach, it was warm- and most definitely not flabby. Quite the opposite really.
I pull my hand back as if I've been burned, and scrinch my face.
"Ewwww! I don't want to feel your sweaty, flabby fat rolls!" I was surprised at what was coming out of my mouth. It's as if his arrogance naturally irks me.
"You can say all you want, but you know it was the hardest six pack you've ever touched on your life.
"Whatever." The next 20 minutes go on like that, us mentally jabbing each other and me turning down his flirty advances, I would never fall for his charade. I think I hate him even more today then I ever have. Finally the end of class bell rings, and I trudge off to the girls locker room covered in sweat. He calls to me, but I just ignore him, I'm to annoyed to talk to him any longer. My muscles ache and burn, but I finally manage to put my pants on. Just one more class, ugh. This day has been one of the longest of my life. I just hope it's over soon. Most importantly, I hope Anthony loses interest in me soon.

Authors Note:!!!

I would just like people to know this story is dedicated to my best friend, Hannah. She's been there with me through everything and she's the best friend I could ever ask for. Also thanks to anyone who reads my story, I love writing and it means the world to me. Also check out Hannah's story, "Besties Or Nah?" On wattpad. It's an awesome fanfiction with Matthew Espinosa and it will leave all you Matt fans craving for more, so read it now!!!! Thank you all and I will keep posting new chapters soon.