Chapter 2 ~ Friends

The drive to our new house wasn't that far. I was sitting in the front seat so I got to control the music.

Of course I put on my favourite blink-182 album.

I sang along to the words and I even heard Jake humming along to it as well. He hates this kind of music.

About 15 minutes later we arrived at our new house. It was nice.

The house was 2 stories and had 4 bedrooms. Dad told us that there was a pool out the back and he also told us that the beach was a 5 minute walk from our house.

That made me excited.

I may not look like much of a beach person because basically all I ever wear is black. But I do love the beach. It's like my happy place.

I walked into the house and asked my dad which bedroom I was having.

He led me upstairs to my bedroom and showed me the bathroom and guest bedroom on the way up.

Once we got to my room be left me at the door so I could have some privacy.

I opened the door and was absolutely blown away.

The room was big, but not too big. There was a small balcony outside and I even had my own little bathroom.

I was surprised that my dad even gave me this room. Back in Perth I kept asking him for my own bathroom but he kept saying no.

I'm happy with this room. 

I stood there admiring my new room for a few more minutes until I decided to walk back down stairs and help unpack. Dad and Jake were already bringing in the heavy things for the living room and kitchen. So I decided to grab a few small boxes for my room and work on that first.

I had about 8 boxes to carry up so it wasn't going to take that long.

I walked out to the truck that had brought all of our things in and grabbed 2 boxes that said 'Sammi' on them. I carried them up to my room and sat them in the middle of it.

I walked back down and grabbed 3 this time. I thought I would be able to handle carrying three boxes but I guess not. As I was walking back up my driveway I saw a boy who looked around my age across the street. We were both looking at each other until I tripped over something and fell on my face. The boxes came tumbling down and a few things came out of them. 

"Woah you alright there?" I heard a voice that I didn't recognise.

I looked up at the tallish boy who stood above me. He had bright blonde hair and he was wearing black skinny jeans, a black All Time Low tank top and black converse.

"Uhm, yeah I'm fine." I stood up and was so embarresed. I took another look at him and realised that it was the boy that it was the boy from across the street.

"My names Michael and you are...?" He asked, holding his hand out for my to shake.

"I'm Samantha but you can call me Sammi" I said as I shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you Sammi. I haven't seen you around here before." He said looking concerned.

"I actually just moved here from Perth. I've been here for about 20 minutes." I replied.

"Well, you'll love it here. I live just across the road. I you need anything just come over and ask." He said pointing over at the house pretty much directly across from my house.

"Thank you Michael that means a lot." I reply while putting my things back into the box.

"Anytime" He says and simply walks away.