Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Aria’s POV

“Aria is that you?” My mom yelled from the kitchen.

“Yeah!” I yelled back. I walked into the kitchen to see my her with stuff to make cupcakes.

“Mom what are you doing?” I said laughing.

She laughed at my reaction. “Trying to make cupcakes. I know you love them.”

“Aw thanks. Want some help?” I smirked.

“Please.” I walked over to the sink and washed my hands.

“Let’s get started!” I said clapping my hands together.

****************2 Hours Later*******************

Me and Chris were sitting in the living room eating the delicious cupcakes while watching “Fast and the Furious.” We love the movie. “Mom was tired so she went to sleep.

“Chris,” I said as the credits were rolling. “Are you going to Mike’s party this weekend?”

He raised his eyebrows. “Yeah, why?”

“I’m going with Emma.”

“Oh okay. But I want you to be with her at all times. Mike’s parties can get out of control.” He said seriously.

“Yeah I know.” I said standing up. I put the movie back in its case and back on its spot on the huge book case. 

“I’m going to bed.  Good night.” I said as I hugged him. He kissed my head.

“Good night.” He said also standing up. I walked to the stairs and up into my room.

I looked at my window. There was another window in front of mine from the next house. No one lives there yet. They just finished renovating it last summer. I heard someone bought it and they will be moving in soon. I’m having mixed feelings about Mason. I don’t know if I like him or if he likes me back.

I keep thinking about it as I am slowly falling asleep. I hear a car and some kind of truck pull up at the curb. I look out my window to see a couple with a 17 year old looking guy getting out of the car. It was like 10:30 pm and they are moving in now? Whatever. I fell asleep.

*********Morning************

I slammed my hand on my alarm clock. It was 7 am. Great. I got out of bed and started to get ready. I was about to grab my phone off my dresser when I saw someone in the next house shuffling around in the room, across from mine. I looked a bit closely. It was the guy I saw last night. Oh my gosh a cute guy moving right next door, so cliché, right? But no. This is for real.

We made eye contact for a few seconds. He looked surprised that someone was there. I looked away quickly. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

“Hey mo-“ I stared as I saw that there was no one there. I saw a note on the table.

Hey honey, I had to go in early today. I’m not sure what time I am going to be home. Chris got a ride from his friend and will be staying there overnight. So be good and there is $50 to buy food. Love you.

-Mom xoxo”

“Cool.” I said to myself. I shoved the money in my pocket and ate some cereal. I got my keys, put on my combat boots and walked out the door. As I got in my car, I saw him. The guy from next door. I felt a pang of something in my chest.  I ignored it and drove to school.