제4장 (Chapt.4)

How fast time can be? It's already exams and prom is in two weeks and I still don't have a date. It felt like I didn't even appreciate my last moments here.

"Annyeong Ahreum," I looked up and saw Jongin smiling.

*CRISIS CRISIS HE'S TOO CUTE*

"Ahreum-ah, are you okay?" He waved his hands in front of me. I snapped back to reality.

"Ye," was all I managed to get out of my mouth.

"Well here, I bought you a cup of coffee to keep you awake during the exams," he said as he handed me a cup. I thanked him.

"Ahreum-ah!! I-," Jimin walked in the class while holding two cups of coffee but stopped when he saw Jongin giving you one.

"I- I um wanted to wish you good luck for you exams," he smiled while walking past me.

"Kook-ah, here. Coffee," I heard him say at the back.

A week later

The prom has a theme and it is masquerade, how grand. The girls have to wear masks but the boys didn't have to this time so that those who didn't have dates can pick a girl who looks the most appealing to them, and share a waltz.

I started to worry a lot. What do I wear? Where can I get a pretty mask? Where to find pretty shoes or nice smelling perfumes? How do I do my hair?

Jaehin and Aerin were all ready and their dresses and masks are really pretty. They look super gorgeous, at times like this I wish I'm not indecisive.

-

Prom is about five days away and I'm still not ready. So I ask Aerin and Jaehin to give me some advice and accompany to buy everything I need.

"Now this is really pretty," I said as I held a blue dress with ruffles on it. I tried it on but the girls said I could do better.

I picked the green, black, white and none of them impressed them.

I tried on dress after dress and Jaehim handed me a dark red silky dress.

I zipped it up and walked out of the dressing room.

"This is it!" the both exclaimed and nodded excitedly.

It perfectly matched with black heels, a black mask and don't forget Victoria's secret 'Love Spell' perfume.

-

It's today. It's prom day. I woke up early to get ready. I took a long shower and put on my make up first. Very simple, foundation, concealer, power, blush, mascara and lipgloss. I really hate wearing too much because it will feel cake-y.

And for the hair, I let it down but curled it a little to add volume to it so it will look bouncy. I sprayed body mist on myself and everything I needed. I have to be frank, I look amazing, and it is rare where I actually like how I look.

-

I arrived at the hotel where the prom is. We had to wear mask all the time so nobody could recognise us. I could recognise the girls as I've seen what they were going to wear. We were just looking at everybody and commenting how great they look. Then we spotted Bangtan boys. Wow. I have to admit, they look great. Even Jungkook. And Jimin. But it's a sad thing they couldn't recognise us.

And there I saw Jongin, can someone tell me why is he dressed so informal? Honestly it's not that I stopped liking him because of this but it seemed like he's been so lost in school lately. Barely attending any classes and whenever I asked him what's going on, he simply ignores me. Well, it is what it is.

I was walking towards the food table to get fruit punch when someone beside me called my name.

Jungkook.

"How can you recognise me?" I asked.

"Who wouldn't recognise you with that ugly dress," he responded.

"You little piece of ignorant human," I shot at him.

"Whatever. You still look like a wicked witch so, bye," he said while walking away. What's his problem? He didn't even take anything from this table. I am so mad at that kid.

-

It's time to announce the prom king and queen now, the usual ritual at every prom. I was hoping either of my girls would be queen because they are drop dead beautiful.

"This year's prom king is.. Jeon Jungkook!" Of course, one of the Bangtan boys.

"And this year's prom queen is, wow, Park Ahreum-ssi!" I was shocked, it's the fact that I am not even popular, and girls HATE me because of my relationship with Jungkook. How did they even decide this?

"And now it's time for the king and queen slow dance." They cleared the dancefloor so that we could do our waltz.

"I don't wanna dance with you," he said.

"Does it look like I want to?" I rolled my eyes, but we didn't have a choice.

We didn't hold hands but just touched fingers. That's the worst prom in my entire life, not that I will ever have another and that sucks.