Chapter 5: A Run In With Old Friends

Her body is changing, a lot, Dixie does not like that! You don't know how hard it is to do the splits now, she can barely see her toes!! Everytime she even attempts to do any acrobatics she desperately needs to pee soon after. She is almost half way through her 8th month! Can you imagine! 8 months since she saw any of her family and friends and more importantly since she has done any vigilante work! As soon as this little buster is out she'll get right on that. Though she would have to be extra careful seeing as she would have a baby depending on her return.

She had visited the hospital again for another ultrasound and was asked if she wanted to know the gender. As much as she wanted to know, it made it more fun to debate everyday whether it was a boy or a girl.
And she had started a job in the local shop and as a waitress in a café, getting some extra cash to help with her rent and all the baby things she's buying.

She walks down the streets heading to her apartment, taking in the surroundings, and walks straight into someone and falls over.
"Oh god! I'm so sorry!" The man shouted apologetically, his voice sounded very familiar. "Garfield." A woman's voice said, her voice sounded familiar too, "Don't apologise to her right now. Help me get her up!"
When she finally got back up on her two feet she focused on the group of people who accidentally knocked her over.
And just her luck, it's Cyborg, Raven, BeastBoy and......Starfire.

They never knew her identity, so that makes it less awkward for her. But there is still a slight tension in the air because they knocked over a pregnant woman. "We didn't hurt you did we?" BeastBoy inquired, "Or the baby?"
"Don't worry, I'm fine, the baby's fine. It was all just one small little accident." 
Cyborg cut into the conversation then, "Are you sure you don't want us to drive you to the hospital just in case?" "No, no. We're fine." "At least let us walk ya home, miss?"        "Grayson. Dixie Grayson. And seeing as I'm very tired I'm not fit to argue." Cyborg smiled slightly and the group followed her back to her apartment building.

They walked back to her apartment incident free. Starfire and BeastBoy asked her many questions about the baby growing inside of her, while Cyborg asked about her job and life leading up to this moment and Raven.......she was oddly quiet the entire time, like more than usual, she would usually have a sarcastic comment about nearly everything that anyone says. She and Raven used to be connected by a mental bond, but after a long time of distance it was seemingly shattered. She wasn't too sure now. She reached out and tested her theory "Raven? Can you feel me?" She shot a quick glance at Raven to see if her message got through, judging by the shocked expression on her face Dixie thinks it's a yes.

"Robin? Where are you?" Dammit! So she didn't know who she was! She probably scanning countless minds, she mightn't have found out who Dixie really was at all! "Robin, please......" Woah, that was a lot of emotion for Raven to show. "Raven...... I...Can I trust you?" Dixie sees Raven look from left to right as if looking for her passing on the streets. "What kind of a question is that? Of course you can! You let me into your head, I let you into mine, we are bonded by mind!"  "Ok, I'm going to let you and the team know where I am in a minute. Outside our heads. Be ready"

Dixie takes a big breath, ready for the avalanche of problems about to come, "So....... I'm Robin."