Fallen-Tristan I

I sighed and shook my head, then lied down on the couch. I looked to my left and saw the stars from the window. I kept on staring at them until my eyes felt tired. I actually haven’t been sleeping inside my room awhile ago. Erm, long story.

   I closed my eyes, and let my tiredness overcome me.

                                                                              ***

   I woke up where I expected I would wake up on: the couch. I sleepily sat up and looked out the window.

   Wrong choice.

   “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE LIGHT.” I shouted. Gemma came rushing out of her room and stopped to take a look at what happened. Well, the truth is....nothing happened at all.

   “Er sorry. The sunlight had just made me blind....” I said.

   “Well you don’t seem blind.” she giggled. I smiled a bit and felt as if blood was rushing up my head. I hate it when my blood defies gravity. Luckily, she didn’t seem to notice.

   “So noodles for breakfast?” I asked, getting up. That was when I realized she’s acting like nothing bad happened last night. I shrugged it off and looked at Gemma, who was giving me crazy look.

   “What’s with you and noodles?” she said, smiling. I smiled back and shrugged. “Then how does toast sound?” I asked, already placing the two slices of bread into the toaster.

   “Well I can’t stop you from toasting, now can I?” she said, motioning to the toaster. I chuckled. “I’m going to freshen up, okay?” I said. She nodded and told me she would be in charge of the bread. I headed upstairs and went straight to the bathroom.

   I started by taking a shower, then brushing my teeth and washing my face. I put on a white shirt, khakis, and a pair of converse. I checked my mirror and I looked neat. I put on my best smile and went down the stairs. Okay, now this is where I find out that the place is trashed and Gemma is gone. But fortunately, no.

   “So are we like, going to stay here for a while?” Gemma asked, munching her toast. I sat beside her on the couch and said, “Mhm, unless something bad happens... Like an enemy spotting us...or you making a big ruckus.”

   “Hey! Hey! What makes you think I’ll making a big ruckus?” Gemma demanded.

   “Well, you can make a school explode if you wanted to....” I explained. “But not now...you still have to develop your Legacies. All you can do now is be resisitent to fire...”

   “Lame.” she pouted. I chuckled and patted her back. “It’s okay! I mean, what if this flat was on fire and I’m trapped....you can save me and be a hero!”

   “Still sounds kinda lame...” she said.

   “Whatever.” I chuckled and had an idea. “Wanna go to the park?”

   “Won’t our enemies see us? Or maybe I might make a big ruckus?” she hissed. “I don’t know...you wanna be stuck in this flat forever?”

   “We won’t if I cause a big ruckus.”

   “GEMMA CRILES, I ORDER YOU TO GO STRAIGHT TO YOUR ROOM AND DRESS UP. WE ARE GOING TO THE PARK.” I shouted. I saw her flinch a little at her surprise. “Sorry. Just go dress up.”

   “You sound like my mum...” she muttered, annoyed. But she went in her room and dressed up anyway.

   Minutes later she was dressed in a light green sundress and....converse? “You sure you wanna wear that?” I laughed, pointing at the converse. I’m not all fashion, but really, THAT?! I expected Gemma to get mad at me, but instead she smiled and nodded.